The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(fruit)manzana silvestre feminine
- If you buy a crab apple today, it won't go sour on you.
- If they are very lucky there may be some fruit, wild plums or a crab apple.
- He pulled out his slingshot and loaded it with a crab apple, and took aim at Parsons' broad back.
- I hate this ugly tree and the crab apple mess its leaves.
- The bobtail sauce was thick and heavy, following hours of reduction of red wine, tomato, crab apple and tarragon.
- Last weekend it was crab apple with sage, this weekend mint.
- Wild fruit jellies, such as elderberry, rowanberry, sloe or crab apple, also make a great accompaniment.
- I was busy picking the sour, early apples and crab apples off the ground.
- Apples, crab apples, gooseberries, and some plums and grapes usually contain enough natural pectin to form a gel.
- In the middle of a raging snowstorm I saw two robins greedily downing shriveled, frozen crab apples.
2(tree)manzano silvestre masculine
- The Midland Section commemorated the 10th anniversary by planting a snowdrift crab-apple tree.
- She had only to stand in the orchard, to put her hand on a little crab tree and look up at the apples, to make you feel the goodness of planting.
- Tree peonies, magnolias, pagoda dogwood and flowering crab trees accompany roses.
- Repellent sprays help, provided the curculios have a flowering crab apple nearby on which to turn their attention.
- If you need a plant tough enough to survive a windy, exposed site, I'd recommend the crab apple.
- It's difficult to choose a single specimen but, more often than not, I suggest a crab apple.
- In addition, they are prone to any number of disfiguring diseases that can transfer to other fruiting trees like rowan and crab apple.
- Primroses are often planted as ground cover under spring-flowering trees, such as dogwood, flowering crab apple, and flowering cherry.
- Unfortunately a field of sunflowers were over, but we had the fruits of autumn, sloe, elderberry and powerfully scented crab apple.
- The first group consists of those planted in the last 20 to 30 years, species such as rowan, cherry and crab apple.
- The native species included ash, oak, maple, ash, hawthorn, poplar, crab apple and blackthorn.
- Though upright in shape, this species of crab apple is entirely different.
- I admire the way the crab apple tree made her large blue and white mansion look less pompous.
- We noted that the very old crab apple tree in the hedge had set more fruit than ever before.
- The Japanese crab apple, M floribunda, is small and dainty.
- The crab apple trees planted in gardens and on verges throughout this fair city are doing their early pink floral thing.
- The old crab apple tree lost all its leaves and it was barely able to stay up.
- I think the crab apple tree and climbing honeysuckle were placed as diversions at the corner of Mrs. Nesbitt's yard.
- It faced a window where a crab apple tree dominated the field.
- The heavy spout represents the lumpy branch of a crab apple tree.
- Pupils at schools, have signed up to collect seeds such as crab apple and dog rose but more help is needed.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!