The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- It basically makes him look like a weak, indecisive, craven leader.
- There is no reason for this other than craven cowardice in the face of power.
- It would be better to say that the Boy Scouts prevailed with a good constitutional argument, supported by weak evidence, craven apprehensions and unthinking hostility.
- Misguided craven cowards have debased the nobleness of mankind.
- A man of honor, a man of undeniable courage has been depicted as a craven coward by these memos.
- Harr was craven, had always been, and the little courage he'd summoned up to come out here and try to take her down was deserting him fast.
- All of the apologizers are craven, but my favorite is a young woman holding up a sign that says: ‘I tried!’
- The considered teaching of churchmen and philosophers still holds incarnate beauty to be, at best, the unintended consequence of accident or design and, at worst, plain old craven idolatry.
- The first two are so terrified of their circulation numbers that they'll do any chaotic, craven thing to boost them (other than print challenging pieces, of course).
- On the whole, the Law School has been somewhat less craven than the average administration, and its faculty includes more vigorous defenders of free speech than is usually the case.
- There's something simultaneously craven and arrogant about the manner in which senior Catholic politicians use their positions to wrangle papal audiences, often at taxpayers' expense.
- And who should know better than he that it is craven to belittle a man's service because it didn't extend over some arbitrary stretch of time?
- It also pays well and makes them look less craven.
- This answer, amazingly, wasn't craven enough.
- Sure, they can whine about negative depictions, but much of that is caused by their own lack of character and craven pandering.
- Ignoring the situation or simply hoping that it will disappear of its own accord is craven, misguided and, most importantly, dangerous.
- Regrettably, though, there seem to be at least a few examples of the cheapest, most craven opportunism.
- Please check your facts before you accuse us of being craven.
- Will he take us deeper into the lives of some craven misfits?
- But it wasn't that the nation saw that politicians were all a bunch of craven opportunists.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!