The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de alicaído
- The Irishman was under tremendous pressure to get Carlisle's season off to a good start and must have been crestfallen in defeat.
- He sighed and slowly stood from the couch, crestfallen eyes showing defeat.
- Most of his supporters in Ohio had all but admitted defeat yesterday morning, too crestfallen to clutch at legal straws and not surprised by his decision to concede.
- A few months later the same glowing face was crestfallen.
- ‘I don't think that's necessarily true ’, she says, sounding a little crestfallen.
- But in Senegal itself, crestfallen fans trudged through quiet streets in the capital after their team's failure to reach the last four.
- ‘Sorry sir, there are no fish items available today’ he said looking crestfallen.
- On that score, as long as I have him on the line, I feel it's my duty to bust his chops a bit on behalf of crestfallen kids everywhere.
- As the cast took their curtain-calls, I sat crestfallen backstage, erasing my disguise with a make-up wipe.
- Sure, he can put on an accent, look suitably crestfallen and let those tear ducts well up like a true champ, but is he really the third greatest actor in the history of film?
- Her dark eyes held a look so distraught and crestfallen that she didn't even notice the eeriness around her.
- He looked crestfallen, so I got off the bench and chased him around in a game of hide-and-seek.
- She came home from school quite crestfallen the other day.
- Critics were left to slink away with crestfallen faces, hoping no one would remember their dire predictions.
- With little aid and no roof over their head, these crestfallen people are facing the worst nightmare of their lives.
- We leave crestfallen, unsure of whether or not we have just stumbled upon the world's most mysterious recording studio.
- While the announcement of the results brought cheer to some, many others looked crestfallen.
- He was crestfallen when I said I just wanted to borrow the phone, but was kind enough to let me.
- He seemed crestfallen when I confirmed that, yes, it would take an awful long time to walk.
- When I didn't say anything for a few moments, the lady shuffled her hands together, looking crestfallen.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!