The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cretona
- It was furnished like the maid's rooms and the bed here was of painted iron with a cretonne bedspread.
- The outer cover has a top of floral and striped cretonne and a backing of faded pink cotton.
- But the cretonnes and tapestries of Merton are coarse and almost clumsy compared with these exquisite stuffs.
- A discarded packing case divided into several sections and covered with cretonne makes an ideal magazine file.
- Many people do not understand the use of chintzes and cretonnes, other than in bedrooms and summer cottages.
- It was hung with mirrors and cretonnes, it was richly carpeted, and, of course, it was lighted by electricity.
- These fabrics are cretonnes, the end-of-the-19th Century's version of unglazed chintz.
- Curtains were made of cretonnes, silk and woolen, all matching the beautiful wallpaper.
- She asked Lily Yeats in London to source William Morris wallpapers and cretonnes for the bedrooms of the small daughters of Lord and Lady Stonehaven.
- If variety in the color-scheme is desired, it may be introduced by means of cretonnes or silks used for hangings and furniture covers.
- The wall is tinted a warm gray shade, pink rugs are on the floor and a pink cretonne curtain hangs between the roomy clothes closet and bedroom.
- There are many designs of sets of small tables and chairs made with good lines, and the wicker ones with lovely cretonne cushions are very attractive.
- It was there that I learned to make pattern designs and designs for cretonnes that were eventually sold all over the country.
- He had the same smile on his face that he used to have before the war when he stood behind his counter and sold cretonnes and percales.
- All the fabrics took form at Mrs Aline's, a dressmaker; the nimble fingers of seven trainees changed laces, cadis, cretonnes and silks into blouses, waistcoats and gowns.
- Both the English-style cretonnes and the eiderdowns are the hotel's own design.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!