The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de grillo
- El críquet se juega principalmente en Gran Bretaña y los países de la Commonwealth . Se juega en un campo de césped, entre dos equipos de once jugadores cada uno. Se emplean bates (bats) y una pelota de cuero. Cada equipo batea en una entrada (innings) para marcar carreras (runs). Los jugadores del equipo contrario (bowlers) lanzan (bowl) la pelota al bateador y fildean (field), es decir interceptan la pelota, con el objetivo, si lo logran, de dejar al bateador fuera del juego (out) o que obtenga el menor número de carreras posibles. Hay dos bateadores (batsmen) a la vez en el campo, cada uno defendiendo un wicket, que son de tres palos verticales (stumps) que sostienen a su vez dos palos cortos (bails). Los wickets se encuentran uno frente al otro y están separados por una distancia de 22 yardas (20,1 mts. aproximadamente). Las carreras se marcan cuando los bateadores corren de un wicket a otro.
1grillo masculinoto be as chirpy/merry as a cricket — estar como unas Pascuas / como un cascabel
- The warm summer air whipped through Chris' open window blowing with it the sounds of crickets chirping.
- The only sound heard was crickets, chirping their nightly tunes hidden somewhere in the darkness.
- She sniffed delicately as her ears moved to the sounds of crickets chirping.
- They could only hear the sound of crickets chirping from outside the small privacy window of the room.
- The only sounds were crickets chirping and the sound of cars driving around on other streets.
- Cue audio: sounds of crickets chirping while the girls stare blankly at the camera and at each other.
- Near the end of the film, there's a scene that has the sound of crickets chirping on the soundtrack, indicating it's taking place at night.
- I'm continuing with the list even though everyone seems to have abandoned me and left me with the sound of crickets chirping.
- Suddenly the sound of crickets chirping in the night filled the room.
- Only the sound of crickets chirping and grass swaying in the wind were heard.
- Insects such as the red locust, crickets, grasshoppers, and flying ants are collected in season and either fried with salt to make popular snacks or dried for later use.
- This little guy likes to find his way inside grasshoppers, crickets and other plant-eating insects.
- They also occasionally eat insects, especially grasshoppers, cicadas and crickets.
- I kept tadpoles and frogs, raised orphaned birds successfully, learned to tell time by the sun, and the temperature by the rate at which crickets and katydids chirped.
- According to Walker, only male katydids and crickets strike up a tune, and when they do, they invariably have one thing on their mind: sex.
- On its brightly lit glass shelves sit trays piled with crispy crickets, grasshoppers, other insects and worms.
- Now they know that male crickets are able to make a high pitched sound which humans cannot hear.
- Only the sounds of the watery ripples, chirping crickets, and the dirt under her feet disturbed the silence.
- Besides birds, crickets and grasshoppers were his favorite animals.
- I've actually found grasshoppers and crickets that had been cooked in the greens because no one cleaned them first.
- The second family includes some but by no means all of the insects which bear the name cricket.
1(game)críquet masculino(ball/match/bat) (before noun) de críquet
- The village has a good sports field with football and cricket teams.
- So many runs in three days of cricket can't be a good wicket for Test match cricket.
- The lack of patience from their batsmen has often been the bane of Bangladesh's cricket team.
- He organised combined services rugby union and cricket teams to play against other countries.
- He was murdered after he wandered off to play on swings as his family watched a cricket match in a park.
- Tarquin had an uncomplicated life centred around work, the cricket club and his family.
- He hails from a cricket loving family where all his brothers played the game at the highest level.
- Though cricket brought her such name and fame, it is golf that runs in her family.
- I don't think I've heard of other chaps having a cricket pitch named after them.
- A Bradford man who was beaten to death in the grounds of a cricket club is to have a special garden named after him.
- Even if the cricket committee did want to go for a top name, it is not certain that the hard-up club would be able to agree to cough up the wages.
- A street in Saltaire has been named after one of cricket's greatest legends and a Shipley hero.
- As we filled our pockets greedily, the family playing cricket in the wind looked at us strangely.
- Byas is a down-to-earth bloke, as much at home on the family farm as he is in the cricket spotlight.
- We spend a fair bit of time away from our families, not as much as the cricket boys, but you try to keep your family unit with you as much as you can.
- When a Jamaican family moves in next door and build a cricket net in the back garden, David is thrilled.
- The next, he was dead, his family in a mess and the cricket world in a state of shock and numbness.
- Darren fondly remembers those early days, playing backyard cricket with keen family and friends.
- Have countries gone to war and have people died in the name of cricket?
- If you left home and the family wireless, you were in the cricket wilderness.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!