The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1the Crimean War — la guerra de Crimea
- This was his verdict on the lush sub-tropical vegetation of the exotic Crimean Riviera.
- Then he went with his family to his Crimean dacha to take a short holiday.
- The Crimean khanate, a vassal state of the Ottomans, succeeded the Golden Horde after 1475.
- The Krym are from the Crimean peninsula of present-day Ukraine.
- Parliament voted money for memorials to a few of the officers who died in the Napoleonic and Crimean conflicts.
- They easily defeated him, and forced him to retreat to his Crimean kingdom.
- Queen Victoria described the Crimean conflict as 'popular beyond belief'.
- Ukraine is mostly flat and sometimes hilly, with the Ukrainian Carpathian mountains in the south west and the Crimean mountains in the south.
- I found myself, a 10-rouble bill in hand, in front of a kiosk selling the Crimean meat pasty.
- In 1854, a fierce storm sank a French warship along with 38 merchant vessels in a Crimean port.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!