The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- It was only one game - one nightmarish, awful, humiliating, cringe-making, hide-behind-the-sofa, please-stop-now game.
- The worry is not so much that someone came up with this cringe-making slogan, but that a higher authority presumably approved it and the resulting expense.
- ‘It's such a good feeling when you get such a great response from the audience,’ says Clarke, who has never before visited Lancaster and loves the reaction to the cringe-making comedy.
- But what about the cringe-making moment when people burst into song for no apparent reason?
- But it's favorable in so many cringe-making ways.
- There did, it has to be said, follow a rather cringe-making acceptance speech..
- In another spectacularly cringe-making moment, a bronzed goddess warns through her pout: ‘This could rip two people apart.’
- One of the more cringe-making moments was the sight of tickets practically being given away on the streets in the hours before kick-off.
- The plugging of the new Lions anthem at Cardiff was cringe-making stuff but it being sung at a time when the Millennium Stadium should really have been observing a respectful hush was crass beyond words.
- Ignore the cringe-making title; this is a European best-seller that's worth checking out.
- Dodgy books, cringe-making photos of hairstyles you would rather forget about, a mix of furniture and the odd beautiful piece picked up over years of travel, can all cohabit.
- It's a triple threat: atrocious music, wretched lyrics, cringe-making theology.
- What follows is plenty of slapstick humour, the odd chuckle, way too much mushy stuff and some truly cringe-making moments.
- Celebs are notorious for choosing cringe-making names.
- The out-take scene used over the final credits is a cringe-making business that doesn't even deserve to make it on to the DVD.
- It's just one of the many cringe-making lines that people are always saying in this film, cheesier than Roquefort in the microwave.
- However, not all headlines are so clever; indeed some are even cringe-making.
- However, he must beware the pitfalls of trying to be too smart-alecky, too ready with the cringe-making quip.
- Depending on your tastes, it was a golden moment in the history of British music or a cringe-making aural atrocity.
- The way this interviewer behaved provided the programme's most cringe-making moments.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!