The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cascarrabias
1cascarrabias masculine, feminine informalgruñón masculinegruñona feminine
- York is bulging at the walls with Scrooges, Grinches, crotchety crosspatches and other assorted bah humbuggers.
- The crosspatch is therefore disabled physically, socially and psychologically.
- Mr Curry was no one person in particular but an amalgam of all the mean, intolerant and bigoted crosspatches I had come across over the years.
- A propos ‘crosspatch’ a ‘mardy’ child is sullen and whining.
- Whenever I express my penchant for reality television in the circle of snide, knowing, not-as-smart-as-they-think-they-are crosspatches that I'm cursed to call friends, I often do so defensively.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!