The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(vulgarly)(remark/joke/gesture) groseramenteto put it crudely — hablando en plata coloquial
- Pure pornography, these crudely printed eight-page pamphlets put popular comic-strip characters in more "adult" situations.
- A lot of dance art of this period was crudely titillating or obviously erotic ... the sight of a naked limb in the 19th century could drive people wild.
- In general, however, most film theorists still seem either embarrassed or bemused by bodies that often act wantonly and crudely at the movies.
- His elegant, often pugnacious, occasionally crudely offensive essays on composers are now available in a collection.
- Engaging in S & M brings both characters out of their shells - but the film doesn't show more than it needs to, and never views the relationship crudely or salaciously.
- He was renowned for his acerbic, if occasionally crudely sexist, pieces for lad magazines.
- He leaned forward, leering crudely in my ear.
- Jose crudely slapped at her backside.
- They laughed loudly and crudely to each other as they continued to walk down the street, closer and closer.
- He turned his horse and winked at her crudely.
2(roughly)de un modo rudimentario
- A croquet-like game is believed to have been played by thirteenth century French peasants who used crudely fashioned mallets to whack wooden balls balls through hoops made of willow branches.
- It was a female form crudely carved in rosewood.
- In the front gallery stood a matte-black block of polystyrene crudely hacked to resemble a human skull perched on a base.
- Roughly a dozen small blocks were crudely nailed together to create each cluster of geometric forms.
- Lettered crudely on the wall above a work table is the advice, "Stay Out Stay Back."
- The artwork seems a bit crudely drawn.
- I had seen African-American quilts, of course, but I always thought they seemed crudely made.
- In the early 1980s, skateboarders were breaking into abandoned lots or backyards to skate in empty swimming pools or on crudely constructed ramps.
- She nodded before hurriedly fixing the post crudely with a roll of duct tape she had procured from a pocket in her trenchcoat.
- She looked down and saw she was standing on a crudely built metal platform.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!