Learn English Grammar From A–Z
panecillo de levadura que se come tostado
- Enjoy beautifully prepared cakes and pastries, or a full afternoon tea with sandwiches, toasted buttered crumpets and scones, while you are transported back in time.
- At home my father tears open a packet of crumpets and toasts them on the Aga.
- Staffordshire oatcakes are thicker and round, more like a thin crumpet or modern pikelet, and are fried with bacon for breakfast.
- We shared two hot toasted crumpets and a cherry scone.
- I got changed and toasted a hot crumpet to cure the cold and wet, before heading out in the car for dinner.
- After a few months I might expand to toasting bagels, baps, teacakes and crumpets.
- There is a vast difference between clover honey (which is good on breads and crumpets and in teas) and, say, buckwheat honey.
- Chris stocked it with coffee, tea, honey, jam, crumpets, English muffins and butter.
- There were no crumpets to be had, and the hot buttered muffins were tepid and rubbery.
- On wet days, the children make scones and fudge, and play pirates in the sitting room, which involves roaring fires, and the toasting of sausages and crumpets.
- Soon enough, there was a pot of steaming coffee and a plate of honey-drenched crumpets standing in front of her.
- Still singing, I took the crumpets out of the toaster and put them on a plate, spreading a generous amount of butter over them.
- He smiled, pleasantly, as if they were chatting over tea and crumpets.
- We started off the morning with tea and crumpets.
- They were low on bakery stuff however; I got the last packet of crumpets, though they were a bit squashed but I couldn't find a single loaf of bread.
2British slang(women)tipas feminine informaltías feminine Spain informalminas feminine Southern Cone informal
- But he's not just the witty boulevardier whose model looks have made him the thinking female student's crumpet for years.
- Steady on, the reason we men liked her was because she was a tremendously attractive and sexy piece of crumpet…
- But the shave was the best I have ever had, beating these triple bladed, turbocharged bits of plastic which masquerade as razors, and according to the adverts, guarantee you get laid by some really classy crumpet.
- ‘There's some really great crumpet here tonight,’ I said.
- I decided I, too, would flit among the islands in search of cheap lodgings, wonderful food, clean, unspoilt beaches and, most important, crumpet.
- I don't even qualify for thinking man's crumpet.
- So my advice to any man who has his eye on a bit of crumpet is to just ask.
- Unfortunately, their consorts are interchangeable bits of crumpet fit only for the all-too-frequent rolls in the hay that come to seem perfunctory, even mechanical.