Learn English Grammar From A–Z
nombreplural culs-de-sac, plural cul-de-sacs
1calle sin salida femeninocalle ciega femenino Colombiacalle cortada femenino Río de la Platahe feels he's in a cul-de-sac — siente que está en un callejón sin salida
- They were ultimately led by a man who was stuck in a political cul-de-sac as claustrophobic as the compound in which he was effectively imprisoned for the past two years.
- A word to the wise: a policy to reintroduce traffic to the footstreets is a political cul-de-sac.
- How could such euphoria and triumphalism end only two years later in the political cul-de-sac of voter apathy?
- More troubling are the forces that trap many of these workers in a career cul-de-sac.
- A good cast is led into a cul-de-sac of silliness.
- It was only when they realised they were in a political cul-de-sac that they changed approach.
- They seemed to be stuck in a electoral cul-de-sac and appeared to be going nowhere.
- My genes have reached a biological cul-de-sac and they're going nowhere.
- Although he finds his career path stuck in a cul-de-sac, his fiery style of populist politics gives him the capacity to affect the direction of events in the run up to the general election.
- Anything short of persuading the union's rank and file would be a shortcut to a cul-de-sac; an arrangement at the top of the union that would amount to very little.
- There's no saying whether it would've taken them in a fruitful new direction or just led them into a cul-de-sac.
- So after Thursday's departure, will he go down that tried-and - tested soap acting career cul-de-sac and release a rubbish single?
- His anatomy of the human condition, however, is not the political and moral cul-de-sac it purports to be.
- Dissent is to be found elsewhere than in this self-referential cul-de-sac.
- While cyberspace may appear to be an ever-growing universe, it's likely to become a misleadingly impressive cul-de-sac.
- So what is the way out of this cul-de-sac of unsatisfied feelings and frustration?
- Let's step away from this philosophical cul-de-sac.
- Given this policy cul-de-sac, how much further can the bubble be sustained?
- The group is inventive and eclectic, never stopping in any cul-de-sac for too long.
- How had I, and countless other well-meaning teachers and educational professionals, managed to spend three years marching down this terrible educational cul-de-sac?