The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1partido de copa masculino
- ‘You run risks if you miss chances in a cup tie,’ he said, ‘and that was us today.’
- I think we treated the game as a cup tie and applied pressure early on, which we used to do every week at home.
- This was a cracking match more akin to a cup tie than a league match, both sides at the wrong end of the division and desperate to try pull them selves up the table, but both more than capable of playing some quality football.
- Furthermore, as the match is a cup tie, the gate receipts will be halved, meaning the Knights are set for a bumper pay-day whatever the outcome.
- Sadly this third-round replay was nothing like a thrilling cup tie.
- But apparently the local lacrosse team had a cup tie at the weekend and had booked the council pitch for training.
- We needed shoring up in mid field, where they were over-running us, and a bit more energy and passion into the cup tie against the best team in the country.
- The grey area arose when they failed to fulfill a number of league fixtures and a cup tie in an internal knockout competition.
- We have got a cup tie coming up, which will be a nice break from the league programme.
- It had been a terrific cup tie, but the game then petered out as the Wasps, showing a fine professionalism, prevented the Raiders from mounting any sort of late pressure.
- After almost a month without a league game following two postponements and a cup tie, the fact the match went ahead at all was a relief.
- There were several ugly clashes during the replayed cup tie yesterday.
- Both had chances to win the match, described by Williamson as a typical cup tie and in far less favourable terms by most others, but there was no doubt that the home team were the more deserving.
- But he was full of nerves and adrenalin - as if about to kick-off in a cup tie - and he led her to the shelter.
- He enthused, ‘It was disappointing to lose but it really was a wonderful cup tie, full of good football.’
- There's an extra edge to training in the week leading up to the big game and everything you do seems to revolve around the cup tie.
- The cup tie was played in blustery conditions resulting in some hard fought rugby.
- This cup tie set up a special local derby with efficiently organised defences well on top of the first quarter exchanges.
- We can't play that badly against them twice on the trot so I'm relatively confident about the cup tie.
- The cup tie had to be abandoned after 60 minutes when about a dozen fans, including women, ran on to the pitch for the third time and began to punch and kick players.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!