The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de cortante
1cortantesecoshe was very curt with me on the telephone — estuvo muy cortante conmigo por teléfono
- I'd noticed that in a few short hours that his curt and snappish side was back.
- He opened his mouth for a sharp reply but closed it and just gave her a curt nod.
- About ten minutes ago, I was rather curt (almost rude, in fact) to an acquaintance who rang me.
- People will instead use acronyms to convey short, curt, and informative message to one another.
- Sitting down at an almost empty table, the two new arrivals exchange curt nods with those closest to them.
- Fred could see the compliment was sincere in her expressive eyes and gave a curt nod then started down the stairs.
- Mr. Shay gave a curt nod, placing his hat back onto his head.
- I give a curt nod to Daddy, whirl around in place, and walk briskly to the pod.
- He saluted members of the staff with curt nods of his head but didn't stop.
- Then with a curt nod he left the table, making his way straight to the bar.
- With a curt nod, Rowan and his tribe vanished into the trees, hooves muffled by the underbrush.
- Nathan looked annoyed for a second but agreed with a curt nod of the head.
- She walked stiffly towards the group that was waiting for them and gave Dr. Wordsworth a curt nod.
- With a curt nod the seaman turned away and hopped out of the boat.
- She continued her promenade down the hallway, greeting those that she knew with a smile and a curt nod.
- He thought about what he said, gave a curt nod as if to reassure himself, and ushered them into the next room.
- She nods a curt reply as she is deeply engrossed in letting the sun's rays bathe her pale, freckly body.
- She jerked her head at me in a curt nod and remained looking stony.
- Taila nodded a curt reply to my apology and went back to folding her clothes and putting them into the drawer.
- Jasmine's only response to this was a curt nod as a young woman walked towards them from the back of the house.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!