Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1salida a escena feminine(para saludar) salida al escenario femininetelón masculine Mexicohe took five curtain calls — salió cinco veces (al escenario) a saludar
- After the curtain call, the back stage halls are filled with chatter and laughter.
- She was at center stage making her curtain call…
- It was most obvious during the curtain call when the cast looked everywhere but at the audience.
- Scene 3: The actors receive a standing ovation at the curtain call.
- As I had prepared for the curtain call, side stage, the dancers busily congratulating me and smiles coming from all corners of the theatre, thumbs up you name it everything!
- As each of us was introduced and presented with a bouquet for our support of Russian ballet over the years, we in turn shyly stood up and took a bashful curtain call before the Bolshoi audience.
- A few minutes later Grace rejoined the cast on stage for the curtain call, stepping forwards with Faust to curtsy once, twice, three times to a deafening applause.
- This one can be a little harsh, but I know we all felt better about the world around us when the Fenway crowd gave the pitcher a curtain call in his last appearance there.
- Both authors vividly describe James' subsequent embarrassment at being jeered off the stage during the curtain call for the play.
- The show is perhaps a little obvious and it veers towards the sentimental, but it is also charming and wistful and is performed with flair and energy right down to the final curtain call.
- During a curtain call after a performance at New York's Joyce SoHo Theater, there is a standing ovation.
- Seconds later he emerged from the dugout for a curtain call to acknowledge the loud cheering and doffed his cap.
- It was an enthusiastic audience that greeted the curtain call.
- Here is soul-sustaining entertainment for anyone who can perceive that, even in a retirement home, all the stage is a world, one we all act on and must eventually bow out of without a curtain call.
- Certainly at the curtain call they both wore a mixed expression of disbelief at their reception and genuine delight at the effect they had created in the theatre.
- Even the curtain call takes a particularly gruesome form.
- You can feel how much he is loved at the curtain call especially.
- At the curtain call it was almost a revelation, there they all were, four of them.
- It will be a vicious irony if a far-right Home Secretary is allowed to take the curtain call for the onstage achievements of predecessors who loathe his approach.
- No doubt with a fat, embarrassed director reluctantly getting onstage for the curtain call.