Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(reduction)recorte masculinereducción feminine
- Other companies that previously raised money have made cutbacks to reduce costs.
- Because direct taxes will not rise, any shortfall will be clawed back through cutbacks.
- It is estimated that state cutbacks may reduce economic growth by at least one-half percent.
- This type of expenditure can only go ahead if cutbacks are made elsewhere, according to the report.
- France's first rearmament plan was adopted in 1934, only to be followed by a cutback in expenditure in the next year.
- The firm has now increased the scale of the cutbacks, with the 3,000 new job losses to be in place by 2006.
- The sources blamed the cutbacks on an explosion of feuding among prisoners.
- The project is going ahead in spite of worldwide cutbacks just announced by the group.
- In general, cutbacks do not hit the huge bureaucracy involved in the provision of state services.
- He expects Deutsche Bank, Dresdner and Commerzbank to be among those with the biggest cutbacks.
- It blamed the closure of the company on cutbacks in the health and hotel sectors.
- It went through a major cutback in March 2000, and was shut down in October.
- Consumers could start to save more of their income in an effort to make up for stock losses, causing a cutback in spending.
- With inflation running at around 4 per cent, ministers will regard this as a cutback in all but name.
- The decision to sell off the properties was taken after a significant cutback in Teagasc finances by the Government.
- On top of this Canberrans also enjoyed watching cutbacks to everything except cutbacks.
- After decades of defence cutbacks these resources have been severely curtailed.
- It included 105 job losses and a cutback in shift work, with some of the large staff numbers recruited in the past year expected to be let go first.
- Asking residents for their views on where cutbacks and savings could be made is only part of the process, he stresses.
2(flashback)flashback masculinecutback to sth — flashback a algo