The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de recortable
1(image, silhouette)recortable masculinofigura para recortar femenino(figure/model) (before noun) recortable
- The figures are life-size cut-outs, silhouetted against the stark white walls, which gives them a three-dimensional sculptural quality.
- These are the proxy friends in the bank and life size cut-outs in the banking hall reassure the punters that they may not be there in person, but they are watching over them.
- Perhaps I should make a life-size cut-out of my boss in secret and sit at the front desk one day…
- George Jones once drove around Memphis for a week, high on gak, and talking to a lifesize cut-out of Elvis Presley.
- We have a life-size cut-out of Frank so he is with us to see the game.
- As with the twisted form in ‘Bedlam in a Bottle’, the printed figures appear like cut-outs, the clothes stiff and angular like funeral weeds in black taffeta.
- The figures were flat cut-outs; it was all very pixelated and the players themselves hardly resembled their live counterparts - apart from their skin colour.
- It is amusing to count the number of places where you can spot cut-outs of the artist's face.
- The central figure is much the least distorted, but even so her body is simply a flat silhouette like a metal cut-out which has been slightly twisted in a few places to give a suggestion of three dimensions.
- In one corner is a cut-out of Sonia, head covered and hands folded in a ‘namaste’.
- Black cats were everywhere and I also spotted a huge cut-out of a witch stirring her evil cauldron!
- A lot of people are beginning to think that some of them are card board cut-outs.
- Yes, I had a life size cut-out of Boba Fett in my house for way too long.
- Then he saw Mella's life-size Angel cut-out and made a confused face.
- The town water tower has a faded painting of the Man of Steel emblazoned on it; several stores have life-sized headless Superman cut-outs that you can pose behind if you're skinny enough.
- The director who wins the most ‘bananas’ - a cut-out of a banana that is used to tally points on a scoreboard - wins a week of quality time with the resident gorilla.
- My sister used to work in a record shop, and they'd frequently get life-sized cut-outs of stars to display on the premises, which would come to a horrible end in the alley round the back.
- Unlike the previous years when the city's skyline used to be dotted with huge cut-outs of leaders, walls pasted with bills and streets littered with notices of various parties, they look barren still.
- The ‘Vietnam film’ corner - bullet casings, camouflage nets - sits among full size cut-outs of obscure Hungarian heart-throbs.
- Plastic cut-outs of school founders Marlene and George Edland will join thousands of others representing people from across the nation at Parliament House in Canberra.
- At the top of the tube there are two opposed semi-circular cut-outs which allow the air at the end of the tube to communicate with the air in the small clearance area around the inside of the bulge.
- When mounted externally the metal backing plate has two cut-outs to allow the tubing to pass outside the case.
- However the panel has a cut-out which allows status information to be seen without needing to move the fascia, so presumably voice activation would be the simplest way of dialing a number.
- The apple, pumpkin, and blueberry pies were all glazed a golden brown, decorated with fringes, cut-outs and cinnamon, and they were every bit as good as everyone had promised.
- The fabrics and eclectic prints are worked in original ways, with the intersecting pieces creating cut-outs and keyholes.
- Once your invites are complete, drop them in envelopes, address and decorate with festive fall stickers or cut-outs.
- Houses are decorated with colourful festoons, stars and cut-outs depicting the Lord Jesus' life and, of course, the quintessential Christmas tree.
- All this is why Herzigova's gold dress, slit to the waist with a cut-out at the hip, is such a salvation.
- A row of diamond shaped cut-outs lined the right side of the dress.
- In the picture you will notice the cut-out in the board.
- The decor is simple, stylish and contemporary, in neutral colours, and not overdone - I particularly liked the strange cylindrical cut-outs in the ceiling.
- Shapes are stencilled onto coloured papers to make cut-outs, and onto photos, for cropping them into interesting shapes.
- Finally, above where their grandfather clock used to be, there was a cut-out of a square.
- One is the text, the other the idiotic design - lots of totally meaningless diagonal lines and demented cut-outs dropped in irritating positions on potentially really nice and informative photos.
- Now, many knives feature cut-outs, colored handles and fancy inlays.
- It comes with a flip-up section and has cut-outs so that some important parts of the mainboard such as the OTES housing are visible.
- The brutal cut-outs stand in effective stark contrast to the gentle, slow art of pinhole photography.
- The front cut-outs on the bonnet have been sealed and air now flows in through the spoiler before heading to the brake ducts for extra cooling.
- The RIB also takes on water over the transom far too easily, not just at the cut-out for the outboard but over the transom itself.
2(switch)fusible masculinocortacircuitos masculino
- But none of the ten brands provided for this non-self resetting thermal cut-out and, therefore, none conformed to the parameter for the abnormal operation test.
- Brakes, overloads, spring catches, monitors and cut-outs that will prevent a lift full of punters from tumbling to a lifty death.
- Lock-up is via a rising block that engages a cut-out in the steel barrel extension.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!