The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1cíclicocyclic form — forma cíclica
- The evolution of the universe could be cyclic, with regularly repeating periods of expansion and contraction.
- The new terror was cyclic, and the cycle took exactly a century to complete.
- Pepper, like some other fruit vegetables, shows a cyclic growth pattern where periods of high fruit set and slow fruit growth alternate with periods of low fruit set and rapid fruit growth.
- Interaction is a cyclic process in which two actors alternately listen, think and speak.
- His alternative model, which breaks with the generally accepted understanding of the Big Bang, conceives of time as something as endless as space, and the evolution of the cosmos as a cyclic process.
- If you follow fashion, then you know it moves in a cyclic pattern.
- The desire of a chain-smoker to give up smoking, on the other hand, would be a virtuous desire since it would break the cyclic pattern of a compulsive negative habit and enhance health and well-being.
- Geologists are now investigating whether these groupings correspond to another new source of evidence of cyclic patterns in Earth's recent history.
- The thick sedimentary deposits beneath the world's continental shelves respond to one of the Earth's fundamental cyclic processes, the rise and fall of global sea level.
- He understood that this was an extremely slow cyclic process and that the Earth therefore had to be extremely ancient.
- Before beginning any pharmacologic treatment, the pattern, intensity, and cyclic nature of the patient's migraine must be clarified.
- The syndrome is cyclic with exacerbations and remissions occurring in a randomized pattern.
- Although there were the usual cyclic downturns, the rural economy on the whole rapidly improved in the twenty years succeeding the suspension of cash payments.
- Progressing on a linear course toward heaven or eternal damnation, Christian theology is incompatible with the cyclic framework of Buddhism.
- The disorder is characterized by the cyclic recurrence of symptoms during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle.
- Equilibrium concepts first came into wide use in geomorphology as an alternative to the cyclic theories of landscape evolution of William Morris Davis.
- I don't think it's mania, exactly, and I've yet to observe a cyclic rhythm in Alex's behavior.
- While the deal was imperfect, it beat lurking alternatives like another generation split by minefields or another cyclic war of revenge.
- When applying predictive techniques to the horoscope the astrologer first looks at the major cyclic energies at work.
- The cyclic nature of history demands a renaissance after every Dark Age.
- Polar bears live in high-latitude environments characterized by cyclic variation in form and extent of sea ice.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!