The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1to be a dab hand at sth — tener (buena) mano para algo
- I've backed a few horses in my time and I'm a dab hand on the penny falls, but card games are different.
- With the horticulture marquee, floral art marquee and display marquee, there should be something on site to appeal to every visitor, be they a dab hand in the garden or a complete novice.
- The internationally renowned chef at Manchester's acclaimed Chinese restaurant is a dab hand at dealing with woks of boiling oil, and knows all about safety in the kitchen.
- A seasoned seafood eater, I am a dab hand with the claw crushers and it wasn't long before bits of shell were flying all over the restaurant.
- He was also a keen pool player and a dab hand at cards.
- It turns out that they had received an anonymous letter claiming that I was a dab hand with photoshop and had deliberately altered the photo!
- Even if you're a dab hand in the kitchen, it's worth writing a plan of action down in case you have a few too many sherries and lose your normal sense of control.
- Since graduating, Mr Wildman has become a dab hand at using the Internet, word processing and especially emailing.
- Those who are a dab hand with the paintbrush can update a piece of wooden furniture, such as a chair or side table, with jet-black gloss.
- A founder member and honorary life member of Sutton Art Club, Ernest is surprisingly also a dab hand at cake decorating.
- Unless you are a dab hand with sticky tape and card board cut outs, the Easter holidays can be a long break, trying to entertain the children.
- He's a paediatrician, not a cook, but in the last year, during his stay in Malawi, he's become a dab hand around the kitchen.
- Unlike his dad, Kyle is a prolific striker and is also a dab hand at golf.
- Margery worked as a clerk for British Rail and was a dab hand at shorthand and typing.
- John was a dab hand at transport and logistics and I was an expert with maps.
- The young chef is a dab hand at chargrilled beef with square-cut chips and watercress sauce, perfect grilled trout, raspberry and yogurt bavarois and passion fruit coulis.
- Margaret admits that while Cuan proved himself a dab hand at mowing lawns, washing windows and doing little odd jobs last year, this year she doesn't ask him to do anything round the house.
- Daughter of Joe and Margaret, Donna only recently took up the sport but immediately proved a dab hand at getting her shots on target.
- The show was often very funny and Adams proved a dab hand at physical comedy.
- Besides cutting hair and shaving men, he was a dab hand at sharpening old style cut throat razors, as well as scissor sharpening.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!