Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1damisela feminine archaic, literarydoncella feminine archaic, literary
- The young damsel has been captured by baddie pirate Barbossa because she possesses a rare coin.
- The story goes that a young damsel was at the top of the tower when she saw her husband gored to death by a stag he was hunting.
- He would never sense the spirit, the gaiety in courting a young damsel.
- Basher introduces us to beautiful damsels, obnoxious sisters, indescribably evil villains and horrifying monsters.
- He had heard it said that her innocent demeanour combined with her intelligent mind made her a refreshing change from mindlessly demure damsels.
- He said: ‘They really enjoyed becoming knights on horseback and medieval damsels.’
- Apart from creating the right ambience, damsels dressed in traditional attire of each country stood beside the display and dished out facts about the fare.