The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(baby) (sobre las rodillas) mecer
- I pictured my sister, opening drawers while dandling her newborn, and swearing under her breath.
- He rumpled the boy's straight dark hair as he dandled him on his knee.
- Sherlock, I used to dandle you on my knee when you were a boy; you and your beloved cloth giraffe!
- Kuzovkin, embroiled for decades in a hopeless suit for possession of another estate, is overjoyed by the reunion with Olga, whom he, years ago, dandled and indulged with quasi-parental affection.
- He longs for grandchildren to dandle on his knee through his dotage.
- After Macbeth consults the witches in Act Three, they put him to bed, where he awakens after having dreamed of dandling babies, reading tales to his children, and enjoying the other benefits of family life.
- But he still has time to smile at his wife, and dandle his daughter on his lap.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!