The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1dandi masculinedandy masculine
adjective dandier, dandiest
1mono informalchulo Spain informal
- In this matter, they just think they have hit on another dandy idea for a ‘do-good’ crusade and a few neat bylines.
- If everything were fine and dandy we would not be racing this bill through the House.
- That's when we came up with the dandy idea of having not one, not two, but THREE little weddings.
- She took a piece of paper from the notebook from one of the shelves in the hallway and then found a handy dandy pen and began writing in a neat yet hurried script to her mother.
- The key to hosting a dandy destination wedding is to pick out a location that will bring your guests with a beautiful background as well as a wealth of activities to keep them entertained for at least a few days.
- But coat him in paint, butter, or used motor oil and have him recite the above poem while throwing fruit at his audience, and he'd make a dandy performance artist.
- By way of contrast, Mojo Box represents a return to form: a lean, dandy album of greasy stomps, twangy guitars, and good songs.
- We came across a number of dandy antiques; a collection accumulated from traveling to lots and lots of sales, says Phyllis Knupp.
- I recall a dandy front-page photo of a community street preacher, in which I burned a halo floating above his head.
- Despite such side effects, some record execs have decided that the copy protection scheme is a dandy way to prevent music piracy.
- There are spots where plotting is achieved with a slightly heavy hand, but it's still a dandy play full of sparkling dialogue and is directed almost flawlessly here by MYC co-founder Chris Abraham.
- The South Yorkshire actor may have a dandy stage name and had posters of Lulu and Marlene Dietrich on his walls in his art school days in Barnsley, but he comes from mining stock.
- Diced it makes a dandy garnish for chilled soups.
- Things really do seem to be rather dandy right now.
- There are too many powerful men who truly believe that the Waltons offer dandy advice on life and morals.
- On my ranch we grew grain, and dandy crops at that, but we had no market for it, so I went packing to make a use for it.
- The director has trouble convincing playgoers that the trio has been separated from one another for as long as the script suggests but does a dandy job bringing subsequent scenes to a feverish pitch.
- Air Force hit back to cross the CH line with a dandy try off a scrum close to the line..
- While the USHGA's mag is a dandy publication, there are some aspects of it that don't lend to the way I work.
- Curiosity took the better of me as I stepped the flight of stairs up into the dandy store.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!