The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(person/race) de piel oscura
- All of a sudden, a beautiful dark-skinned girl walked in, her black hair sweeping behind her in a flowing curtain.
- He was a wonderful dark-skinned white man with jet-black hair who was often mistaken for a light-skinned black man.
- A dark-skinned woman with a cane stepped out of the elevator.
- I was fourteen or fifteen, already into my diet and exercise phase, tall, muscular, and dark-skinned.
- Inspired by his hero H. L. Mencken, always on the lookout for hypocrisy, Thurman found it in the uneven way that color prejudice is applied to dark-skinned women.
- Did people of African origin, and other dark-skinned people, face such discrimination?
- For their part, the dark-skinned highlanders were amazed to confront men so pale that they seemed like spirits of the dead.
- On a serious note, Acosta adds, "Most difficult to take in was that princely roles were only danced by the blue-eyed, blond males and not dark-skinned ones - even in Cuba."
- When I was in Kerala I photographed a scene of dark-skinned Indians in line in front of a movie billboard depicting all light-skinned actors.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!