The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1the dawn chorus — el trino de los pájaros al amanecer
- Such findings support the idea that singing during the dawn chorus is important to defend the territory against rival males or to adjust social relationships among territorial neighbors.
- The morning burst of birdsong is called the dawn chorus.
- A poet who didn't wake for a dawn chorus like the ones you get here would be a sad fellow indeed.
- In the dawn chorus, however, singing activity showed a similar seasonal pattern in mated and unmated males and was high until late stages of the breeding cycle.
- We camped overnight but with the dawn chorus and the sheep bleating, it was hard to sleep!
- During their egg-laying period, females remain in their nest cavities while males perform their dawn chorus.
- Soon enough the sky began to lighten, the dawn chorus started up, and a heavy dew began to form.
- As the angled rays creep up the last few hundred yards below my deck, illuminating individual blades of grass and blood-red flowers, the dawn chorus of birdsong begins to fade.
- Early risers were treated to a glorious sunrise at the traditional dawn chorus.
- The dawn chorus roused me very early again today, dragging me from snug warm covers to the desk after a slight detour to get coffee.
- The dawn chorus starts at about half four and I've barely slept and now I have hundreds of birds singing loudly.
- It was barely light yet and not even the dawn chorus interrupted the mournful silence she had ordered upon the palace.
- Early morning may be the key time to play vocalizations to attract new settlers as recent research suggests that settling males assess sites at dawn, during the dawn chorus.
- During the dawn chorus, male Great Tits produce several different song types and few to many different calls.
- Observations commenced at nautical twilight (sun 12° below horizon) and ceased at the end of the dawn chorus (last bird heard singing).
- I used to hate the dawn chorus waking me up (I am a light sleeper), but now I love it, especially during the spring/summer months.
- Morning came early, as it tended to in the early days of spring, causing Armande to wake with the dawn chorus of birds.
- We studied female and male behavior during the dawn chorus in two different nest box populations around Antwerp, Belgium.
- This morning, waking early, as the sun was coming up and the dawn chorus was starting, I forced my aching and bruised body from my bed and made tea.
- This morning, I spent about an hour listening to the beautiful dawn chorus, as the birds awoke and greeted another sunrise with their mellifluous songs.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!