The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
(daylight savings time, daylight time)
1hora de verano femenino
- Forget to set your clock for daylight saving time?
- I know we have adjusted for daylight saving time, but we can still work out that Parliament starts at 2 o'clock.
- This weekend Australians will be changing their clocks to daylight saving time, with the usual ensuing confusion.
- Under the present law we have daylight time in October but not in March, even though the sun rises at similar times in both months.
- Every year traffic accidents temporarily increase following the switch to daylight saving time, when people in affected regions lose just one hour of sleep.
- He promised to institute daylight saving time to jump-start the economy.
- Clocks were set forward to save energy in the winter of 1974, and daylight saving time lasted for eight months in 1975.
- It should become visible again during the last week of July and the first week of August, rising between 4: 30 and 5: 00 A.M. local daylight time low in the east-northeast.
- Mars is visible as it rises from the east between 4: 30 and 5: 00 A.M. local daylight time.
- The company's top worldwide executives punch into a conference call that begins promptly at 7 AM central daylight time.
- I can still read a newspaper outside at 23: 00 daylight saving time at this time of year, so this fake time feels quite unnecessary.
- Spring ahead in much of Canada and the United States, as daylight saving time returns at 2: 00 A.M. local time on Sunday, the 4th.
- The planes are all hijacked between 7.45 and 8.10 am eastern daylight time.
- After unsuccessfully campaigning against daylight saving time, drive-ins began losing patrons due to late starting times in summer.
- The plane took off from Guam shortly after 12: 30 p.m. U.S. eastern daylight saving time.
- To test for the economic effect of daylight saving time change we look at the first trading day following the transition to or from DST.
- ‘I dread the fall daylight saving time change,’ she says.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!