Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1ensordecerwe were deafened by the explosion — la explosión nos ensordeció / nos dejó sordos
- We who live there are deafened by the noise, gassed by the fumes and face injury crossing over the road.
- Sam's arrival was noticed just as the bell rang, so that she was deafened by the combined sound of the bell and enthusiastic greetings of her friends.
- In Razgrad we had to take breakfast in the coffee bar, and, as we studied the four-choice menu, we were deafened by rap music and engulfed in smoke from the staff's cigarettes.
- When the characters are not screaming at each other, televisions blare in the background, or the film's soundtrack deafens you.
- The music deafened me and the crowds terrified me.