The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1lecho de muerte masculine(confession/marriage) (before noun) in extremis(confession/marriage) (before noun) in artículo mortisto be on one's deathbed — estar en su lecho de muerte
- ‘Maybe if I don't make a deathbed confession I'll never die’ he may have thought.
- Years later, a deathbed confession confirmed what many suspected.
- They say they were led to the location after a woman's deathbed confession.
- Scully shook her head as her tears flowed freely at this deathbed confession.
- In sharp contrast to the medieval attitude towards death and its representation in daily life, the deathbed scene has all but been removed.
- And deathbed rituals and religious consolations softened even the sting of death.
- ‘There are a couple of points that have to be cleared up,’ he begins his deathbed ramble.
- The commissioning of such an atlas would have required incredible wealth, and Mr Douthwaite believes it may have been a deathbed bequest from the queen to Raleigh.
- Luna appeared in Nootka Sound just days after Maquinna's father expressed a deathbed wish for his spirit to return to inhabit a killer whale.
- Nothing more could add to his notoriety except a deathbed conversion, and the Scottish bishop and historian Gilbert Burnet was to provide it.
- Or is it, as whispered by the city's elite, a deathbed conversion?
- But Alison, whose mother had made a deathbed promise to his wife to take care of him, became his great friend.
- His deathbed conversion and reception into the Roman Catholic Church is indisputable.
- Worse, Reubens smears Vaseline on the lens and goes for the deathbed reconciliation scene.
- His deathbed wish was to be buried out of doors where the rain would fall on him.
- Edward, naturally, takes advantage of all the deathbed attention to once again relate the story of his wildly exaggerated life.
- His deathbed visitor violates the terms of Nolan's sentence and at last shares with Nolan the events of the previous fifty years.
- It was ‘hate at first sight’, but my Uncle Rob had made a deathbed promise to my father to take care of me after he died.
- Bogart seems to have rescinded his deathbed remorse about switching from scotch to Martinis.
- She pushed herself back a bit from her deathbed position, her feet and elbows slipping as she realized what she was on - a bed.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!