The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de decatlón
- The Kazahkstan athlete leads the decathlon after seven events.
- Steve Harris is a Senior Level 4 coach at the Barnet and District Athletics Club, coaching events in long jump, sprints, decathlon, discus and javelin.
- ‘This Rover Initiative will help raise the profile of combined events and encourage more youngsters to take up the decathlon and heptathlon,’ added Campbell.
- He will be competing in the pole vault, javelin and 110 metres hurdles before doing his first decathlon of 2004 at the AAA Under-20 Combined Events Championships in Stoke the week after.
- This technique can pull an athlete's core temperature down in just a few minutes, and can be used to help athletes to refresh between competitions in events such as the decathlon, as well as to develop heat tolerance during training.
- He is a two-time Middle Eastern Athletic Conference shotput champion, and finished fourth in the decathlon at the conference meet.
- Tom Waddell, a 30-year-old army physician, comes sixth in the Olympic decathlon.
- He won the gold medal in the decathlon at the AAA's Championships with a score of 6,286 points.
- The 1912 Olympics in Stockholm are best remembered for Jim Thorpe's world record successes in the most demanding track and field events, the pentathlon and the decathlon.
- Although Yang did not win by the 10 seconds he needed in the final event of the decathlon - the 1,500 meters - for the gold medal in Rome, he nevertheless won Taiwan's first medal in the Olympics, a silver.
- The decathlon resumes early on Tuesday with the 110 metres hurdles and continues with the discus, pole vault, javelin and 1500 metres.
- Dean Macey today vowed to be back stronger than ever after a remarkable fourth place in the Olympic decathlon in Athens.
- He began training for the decathlon after being sidelined with an injury and watching other decathletes train.
- Drechsler's boyfriend is also an athlete, or rather a former athlete, as the Frenchman Blondel has retired from the decathlon.
- He placed fifth in the decathlon at the 2000 U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials
- World bronze medallist Dmitriy Karpov of Kazakhstan stretched his overnight lead in the decathlon to 166 points after the first two events on the second day of the 10-discipline event.
- To an educated European audience, it seems strange that the opening ceremony could be a total sell-out but a day with the women's 100m, men's triple-jump, women's pole vault and the decathlon falls 10,000 short of capacity.
- He showed a particular talent for track and field, settling into the decathlon as his primary event.
- Macey, competing in his first decathlon since the Sydney Olympics, punched the air when he saw his time on the stadium scoreboard.
- After competing in football, basketball, baseball and wrestling in high school Pappas began training for the decathlon in 1995; his first win came in 1998
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!