The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of engañoso
1(exterior/manner) engañoso(simplicity/ease) engañoso(simplicity/ease) aparenteappearances can be deceptive — las apariencias engañan
- But while it looked easy enough, I soon discovered appearances can be deceptive.
- Today it announced the start of legal action alleging misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Bellamy looks small and slight beside his teammate, but never have appearances been so deceptive.
- But take the time to talk to him and you realise just how deceptive outward appearances can be.
- We looked the part, but appearances came be deceptive, as I was soon to discover.
- Appearances are deceptive in these restaurants, which look like dingy pubs from the outside.
- The question that Mr Justice Brownie had to decide is whether that was misleading or deceptive.
- He said the slogans of chief minister are hollow and deceptive and that there is no logic in his arguments.
- First impressions can more often than not be deceptive, but when it comes to football they tend to be spot on.
- Once again I do not consider that he has any prospect of establishing that the entry in the log is in any way false or deceptive.
- Double-talk and deceptive marketing materials figure large in this enterprise.
- Others may use deceptive sales tactics and false positives to scare up sales from confused users.
- His solution, as brilliant as it is deceptive, is to reinvent himself as a moderate.
- Spokesman for Cumbria Constabulary Mike Head warned that lake waters could be dangerously deceptive.
- His main asset is his pace and it's deceptive pace as well because you don't realise just how quickly he's travelling.
- Quantitative studies must be done exactly right in every detail or the numbers will be deceptive.
- A blogger has caught out the The New York Times in a bit of deceptive reporting.
- At present the public have few reliable ways of detecting whether reporting is deceptive or not.
- Diagnosing this deceptive and deadly disease is a nightmare for doctors as well as patients.
- A partial recovery a few days later raised hopes, but turned out to be deceptive.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!