The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of decididamente
1(definitely)decididamenteit struck me as decidedly odd — me pareció decididamente raro
- The gatekeeper looked decidedly uncomfortable and stared down at the ground.
- She was decidedly uncomfortable when she felt the warmth of his body next to hers.
- I ended up occupying the end of the bar and nursing a Guinness and feeling decidedly uncomfortable.
- It was such an intimate and caring gesture that it made me decidedly uncomfortable.
- Whatever its origins, sticky toffee pudding is decidedly British and is certainly a treat worth making properly.
- GM now earns less per vehicle than Ford or Chrysler: a decidedly unsustainable position.
- The result is an honest record that is as compelling as it is decidedly uncommercial.
- As with the team, the report is positive overall, but decidedly mixed.
- Tech Review has taken a look at the CPU prices this week and noticed a decidedly upward trend.
- Some of the football, especially in the opening half, was decidedly moderate.
- I think he just has a bit of a cold, as his eyes are a bit watery, he is definitely lacking energy and vim and he is decidedly grumpy.
- In fact the eventual winners were looking decidedly shaky at this stage.
- In fact, some studies have shown that youth crime has taken a decidedly downward turn.
- It seems some of the Scottish press didn't like the decidedly downbeat conclusion of the feature.
- It sounds decidedly unromantic but when it comes to practicality, Grevett has hit the nail on the head.
- The two gentlemen who were operating the roulette table were looking decidedly worried.
- We gave him and his male co-workers a brief summary, but they were decidedly unimpressed.
- The movie has its heart in the right place, but the result is a decidedly mixed bag.
- Due to environmental conditions this risk was decidedly lower than in previous years.
- The lacklustre script gives the actors nothing to do and the villain is decidedly bland.
2(determinedly)(speak/act) con decisión
- ‘If he goes, Michael, Katie, and I will go, too,’ she said decidedly.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!