The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of dedicar
1.1(devote)to dedicate sth to sth/-ing — dedicar algo a algo/+ inf
- she dedicated her life to the service of / to serving her country
- For the moment, however, she says the group are purely dedicating their efforts to putting together a solid outline proposal for the area, before they begin their investigations for funding.
- Since last October, the students have been dedicating themselves to the task of mounting the enduringly popular Guys and Dolls.
- I met many people who dedicated much of their efforts to assist in the planning of the anti-hate demonstration.
- And this St Paul's squad has to be commended with the way they dedicated themselves to the task.
- Mr Kolar quit his job to dedicate himself to a task he says has been almost 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- He has also selflessly dedicated his efforts to leading and developing his staff.
- Let us dedicate our best efforts in organizing our coming World Congress of Boxing Doctors, which will be the second in history.
- A reporter who dedicates special effort to establishing good contacts often ends up using them to coax ads from press chiefs.
- Sorley's depiction of how General Abrams dedicated himself to this task is compelling.
- I was hired to turn the company around, and my team has dedicated itself to that effort ever since.
- He cannot dedicate himself to larger purposes.
- Choose your course wisely and dedicate yourself to that purpose.
- The people who are dedicated to these efforts understand the power of the social economy.
- It would be good for more effort to be dedicated to training to help build capacities of the nations in managing fauna and flora species.
- Despite his acclaim, he finds writing to be a saviour of sorts and always manages to find the time to dedicate himself to the creative task, no matter how busy his day.
- The ceremony was a very simple and moving commemoration of a life totally dedicated to aikido.
- Shenandoah founded Round Dance Productions, a nonprofit organization dedicated to native cultural preservation.
- Plantlife is Britain's only national membership charity dedicated exclusively to conserving wild plants and their habitats.
- Although he dedicated most of his time to the TV business, Sawhney never neglected his musical dream.
- She is now dedicating most of her time and attention to the completion of her fist novel.
1.2(address as mark of respect)(poem/book) dedicarto dedicate sth to sb — dedicarle algo a algn
- I'd like to dedicate this song to my mother
- All the poems in the book are dedicated to his memory.
- At least a third of the book is dedicated to memories of his dad.
- The book is dedicated to the memory of Maura Burns of Ferrybank who recently passed away.
- This work is dedicated to the memory of Professor Don C. Wiley.
- The book is dedicated to his memory and pays a warm tribute to his intellectual legacy.
- This work is dedicated to the memory of Dollie Stover, who devoted 18 field seasons to the study of these warblers.
- Her first book was dedicated to Christopher, but this latest work is for Nick and Billy - younger sons of Sarah and her husband, David.
- The book is dedicated to Anna Friedman and Nasir Din, the author's Jewish mother and Muslim father, who married in London in 1942, both immigrants, but British subjects.
- Of these, Arthur Crook is May's personal favorite (the book is dedicated to him), the editor he wrote for and for a short time worked under.
- The book is dedicated to Kostova's father, a recently retired professor of urban planning, who first told her some of the stories she relates.
- Finally, this book is dedicated to my German translator and to my Italian translators, all good friends and precise readers.
- The work is dedicated to Suleiman, teacher and Master of Fula Flute, a wind instrument from The Gambia.
- The book is also dedicated to Mrs Wing in the opening pages.
- The book is dedicated to the author's parents for teaching him to care.
- The book is dedicated to my mother so it could hardly reflect that.
- So my book is dedicated to Craig and to all those who are serving in the Armed Forces today.
- The book is dedicated to his best friend Bill Cadman who died in the Lockerbie bombing in 1988.
- Once he got out, they went on a family holiday together, and his book is dedicated to her and their children.
- The book is dedicated to those who lost their lives at sea in the Second World War.
- I was at school with him and the second book is dedicated to Sean.
- The Chupao Temple is dedicated to a life-saving deity known as Paosheng.
- Churches were increasingly dedicated to, and children named after, universal saints.
- I recall visiting Calvin's church in Geneva, a twelfth-century Romanesque building dedicated to Saint Peter.
- St George was initially promoted to patron saint in 1061 when a church in Doncaster was dedicated to him.
- The church was dedicated to St Anthony of Egypt, patron saint of swineherds and of charcoal burners, a trade carried out on the fell for many years in the past.
- Prosperous companies erected their own guildhalls and endowed churches dedicated to the patron saint of their crafts, with chapels for their use.
- The Temple of Angkor Wat was dedicated to the Hindu God Vishnu by King Suryavarman II, who reigned between 1131 and 1150 AD.
- The Temple of Angkor Wat is dedicated to the Hindu god Viu.
- Sunday last being the Feast of the Holy Trinity was a special significance to the parish as our church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
- Currently the Virgin Mary is revered, and many churches are dedicated to her.
- There was one church in Yarmouth, St. Nicholas's Church, which was dedicated to St. Benedict.
- In 1396, the still unfinished church was dedicated to St Hippolyte.
- In England, many churches were dedicated to her, most notably St. Bride's Church in London's Fleet Street.
- Three of the other churches are dedicated to St. Gregory, who brought Christianity to Armenia at the beginning of the fourth century.
- Her local church is dedicated to Our Lady of Fatima so I'm quite surprised she waited this long to go there.
- The church was previously known as All Saints, being dedicated to St Giles only since 1960.
- The busiest is Kuan Yin Ten Temple, near St George's Church, which is dedicated to the goddess of mercy.
- Aarhus Cathedral is dedicated to St. Clement, the patron saint of sailors.
- The building is specially dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes as Catherine is involved in a lot of charity, voluntary work.
- As is evident from its name, the temple was dedicated to Shiva.
- The building was formally opened and dedicated by the Bishop of Ramsbury, The Right Rev Peter Hullah, with another 150 guests joining the 500 schoolchildren.
- Hampton's new 36,000-square-foot facility was formally dedicated on Sept.23.
- This decision to sell the temple was not publicly made known until the building was finally completed and formally dedicated on 1 May 1846.
- This summer they will dedicate the reclaimed open space as the 4,700-acre Orange County Great Park.
- The community center will be dedicated during a Sept.5 open house.
- A new equine hospital at Golden Gate Fields will be formally dedicated on Saturday at 12 p.m. PST.
- After the Knox Academy was formally dedicated, Lermond actively continued to solicit donations of natural history specimens for it.
- The building was dedicated in May at the West Philadelphia campus of Penn's Health Science Center on Curie Boulevard.
- A new building was erected and dedicated on October 30, 1842.
- In July 1999, Core Locations' first colocation facility was dedicated by Mayor Richard M. Daley in Chicago.
- Bill Clinton's presidential library won't be formally dedicated until tomorrow, but we've already been inside.
- Construction started in 1784, and the unfinished building was dedicated in 1788.
- St Joseph's was opened and dedicated by the then Bishop of Elphin, Dominic Conway, on October 30, 1983.
- When all was ready, Bishop Dominic Conway came again May 13, 1973 to open and dedicate the new Holy Cross.
- The Marthoma Metropolitan, Philipose Mar Chrysostom, will dedicate the building at a function at the Boys Home at 4 p.m.
- A new school building was dedicated in February 1950 and was named Georgia Washington School.
- The LA station dedicated by Schwarzenegger last month is intended for public use within five to ten years.
- The Rev Michael Flight, chairman of governors, dedicated the new building.
- The Allen Ginsberg Library was dedicated in 1993.
2.2US (declare open)(building/fair) inaugurar
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!