The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de defensor
1(of cause, course of action, opinion)defensor masculinodefensora femenino
- It is most unlikely that a determined defender of the cosmological line of reasoning would surrender even here.
- His strongest opposition came from defenders of vested interest in his own party.
- His image as a defender of the national interest made him popular among the masses.
- However, he proved to be an unscrupulous defender of bourgeois national interests.
- No less solid is Landry's record as a defender of the interests of big business.
- The Charter required the Council to be the defender of the common interest.
- On the other hand, he's a fierce defender of free trade and a champion of school choice.
- Human rights defenders say the trial is a farce and believe the defendants have been tortured.
- His defenders may insist that he never outright claimed there was a tie.
- So to a large extent, his critics and defenders have always talked at cross purposes.
- I'm calling him on that, and he and his defenders have yet to respond to that.
- He is still healthy, articulate, has his defenders, is famous, and now he has nothing to lose.
- So those who resist or protest against electoral fraud are in fact crucial defenders of democracy.
- He and his defenders, it seems, don't really deny much of anything that has been alleged.
- It also deprived local communities of many of their best defenders.
- The FDA and other defenders of aspartame quickly debunked the report as exaggerated and baseless.
2Deportedefensa masculino, femenino
- Traps are most effective when the two defenders cover two sides of the offensive player.
- With his back to goal and two defenders smothering him, he somehow manages to turn and make room for a shot, which he fires narrowly wide.
- Bizarrely it was the fifth time this season that Doncaster have cashed in on an own goal, although the defender knew little about it.
- Obviously we try to concede as few goals as possible but we also want our defenders to play football and not just mark the strikers.
- There shouldn't be any serious questions asked of the American stopper until he is given ample protection from his defenders.
- I think you need a solid base at International level and these players are primarily defenders.
- Although it does say a lot for the tournament that its best player was a defender.
- Ian Wright was one of those players that defenders must have hated to come up against.
- It was a clear foul - like when players ease a defender out the way in the wall at a free-kick.
- As he entered the penalty area he was felled from both sides by chasing defenders.
- He is one of the fastest and most direct forwards in the Premiership and a constant thorn in the side of opposing defenders.
- The ball is rolled back and the home side's defenders stroke it around between them for some early touches.
- If you want to go to the left, take a quick step to the side of the defender with your right foot.
- If Grant learns to tackle better, he could be one of the Panthers' best defenders and a big playmaker.
- The team can't afford to have scorers or strong defenders go missing for long stretches.
- She ran half the length of the pitch to beat a couple of defenders before rounding the goalkeeper and slotting the ball home.
- He is both a pure scorer and a persistent defender with the ability to alter the complexion of any game.
- As it was it took a goal from defender Grant Illingworth to clinch the points.
- Schweinsteiger chases down Jorge Guaga, forcing the burly defender to concede another corner.
- Both of them drove straight at defenders to force fouls and earn free throws.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!