The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of abatido
1abatidodesalentadocon el ánimo por los suelos
- His life's labor and meaning reduced to nothing, Cipriano returns home, dejected and depressed.
- The inability of entering Western intellectual society made them feel dejected and depressed.
- But, yet again, I failed miserably and came away feeling dejected, disheartened, deflated and demoralised.
- It descends and when the doors open he is astonished to be greeted by a scene of desolation, with dejected people dressed in rags and a smell of sulphur in the air.
- She never looked dejected or dispirited, though she had all the reason.
- Vanessa watched on in dejected melancholy, wishing somewhere in the back of her mind that Jordan would argue like that with her.
- When she sees or hears of injustice, the normally happy girl becomes so melancholy and dejected that it worries others.
- But as the years passed, they became more gloomy and dejected, and I could see why during my visits.
- I wasn't used to this unhappy, dejected personality he'd cultivated and I wasn't entirely sure how to deal with it.
- Dark blue, on the other hand, has a sedative effect, and can make some people feel melancholy and dejected.
- They were forlorn, dejected, and pleading, yet so serenely resolved he was compelled to do as she asked.
- The story tapers off, leaving the reader disappointed and dejected by a work that promises much, but delivers little.
- As low, dejected and depressed as she'd ever felt, she began to get the morning's activities prepared.
- ‘He was distracted, dejected, I just thought he had a broken heart,’ she said.
- Personally, I'm feeling as dejected, disappointed and scared as I am angry.
- Its hero, Milo, is perpetually dejected, burdened with motiveless discontent.
- You'll have to limp home with an empty wallet, dejected.
- The families and relations of the victims, not surprisingly, became dejected and developed resentment for the government.
- ‘The film is about a teenage daughter who tries to create a nonexistent boyfriend for her dejected mother,’ Robinson said.
- But myself and the players are more dejected than anyone.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!