The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1delírium tremens masculino
- Major alcohol withdrawal or delirium tremens typically begins within 48 to 72 hours of the last drink, with peaking of symptoms on days 4 and 5.
- The most serious form of withdrawal is called delirium tremens, or ‘DTs.’
- The most serious acute withdrawal symptoms are seizures and delirium tremens, which most commonly occur with abrupt discontinuation.
- With excessive intake the person may show widespread shaking, the Latin name for this being delirium tremens - a very serious condition.
- Rum fits or delirium tremens (DT's) have had a death rate of 20% in the past but, with prompt appropriate treatment, mortality should now be much lower.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!