The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de entrega
1.1(act)entrega femeninowe guarantee speedy delivery of orders — garantizamos la pronta entrega de pedidos
- how much do you charge for delivery? — ¿cuánto cobran por el envío / transporte?
- these crates are awaiting delivery — estas cajas están por entregar
- to pay on delivery — pagar a la entrega / al recibo de la mercancía
- delivery charges — gastos de envío / transporte
- delivery period — plazo de entrega
- delivery service — servicio de reparto a domicilio
- delivery truck — camioneta de los repartos
- delivery van — camioneta de los repartos
- Later, tube systems were enlarged, and new ones opened not only for the transport of telegrams but also for individual and bulk deliveries of letters and parcels.
- Although the supply of tropical plants was down and hygiene services were disappointing, security services, parcels delivery and facilities management were very successful.
- We have to treat this matter as urgent and to request your reply within seven days of the date of delivery of this letter.
- When he complained, he claimed one postman told him delivery of letters to homes in his street was a ‘goodwill’ service, as it depended on staff working overtime.
- The mode of delivery is either express parcel post or courier, which means the customer would be holding the book he ordered just a couple of days later.
- The petition calls on the government to intervene to stop the planned deregulation of letter post delivery.
- At night, it became a parcel sorting platform for the parcel office for delivery next day.
- While letter delivery in the UK is a lucrative market, the profitability of door-to-door services is not uniform throughout the country.
- Two profound changes in our society have enabled small companies such as us to survive: the Internet and parcel delivery systems.
- He should be thankful for the container because that's all he got after he received a notice from the Vincent post office that a parcel too big for delivery had arrived.
- The deregulation of letter delivery is only the latest measure in the break up of the state-run postal services that has been underway for two decades.
- When making your request, please consider the time it takes for delivery of an airmail letter and that visa applications take time to be processed by your local embassy or consulate.
- I went to see the relative of a friend of mine, to drop off a letter for delivery by private courier.
- Think of rechecking the parcel delivery, rechecking the phone call.
- Blanch wrote home every day and bundled her letters for delivery to Philadelphia about once a month.
- He suggested that the students attempt delivery of the letters through the military.
- A total of 400 litres of organic milk is currently being bottled on the farm daily for doorstep delivery and also for supplying an organic co-operative in the North of England.
- The leading supplier in home delivery of specialty medical supplies including diabetes testing kits.
- The delivery of supplies - the inputs needed for manufacturing - leaves much to be desired.
- how much do you charge for delivery? — ¿cuánto cobran por el envío / transporte?
1.2(occasion)reparto masculinois there a delivery on Saturdays? — ¿hay reparto los sábados?
- Resorts can only be built on deserted islands, and must be of a high standard, all with their own generators, desalination plants and produce deliveries.
- Bulgarian cigarettes production and Bulgarian tobacco deliveries will depend on the market situation.
- Agents say that they sending back over fifty percent of some deliveries because their products don't sell very well.
- We were shown round after lunch, when the first of two daily deliveries of fresh produce was still awaited.
- You could also buy kitchen utensils, towels, sheets, etc., and there were occasional deliveries of nylons and dress materials.
- If deliveries and installations fall behind, the domino effect will cause your entire project to be delayed.
- They are then collected and distributed to the in-house marketplaces that form the link between incoming freight deliveries and the production line.
- Andrea has become a familiar sight on the estate each Friday behind the wheel of her van bringing deliveries of fruit to the community.
- He's also very keen to sell me on the merits of his new menswear collection, the very first deliveries of which are currently reaching his stockists.
- Do not disappoint with a late delivery or insufficient product or supply.
- The College received a delivery of 13 new computers recently, bringing the very latest technology to one of the school's two computer rooms.
- ‘In the absence of such a delivery, some normal services will have to be suspended at close of business tomorrow,’ said the chief executive.
1.3(consignment)partida femeninoremesa femenino
2 literario(freeing)liberación femenino
3(of baby)parto masculinoalumbramiento masculino formaldelivery room — sala de partos
- Spontaneous miscarriage, premature delivery and stillborn birth are possible results of an infected foetus.
- A California woman is suing a hospital for wrongful death because her husband fainted and suffered a fatal injury after helping delivery room staff give her a painkilling injection.
- Guys who have been in delivery rooms watching their wives give birth will know what I am talking about.
- Other risk factors may include premature delivery, very low birth weight, and injuries to the brain at birth.
- Plans show delivery and birthing rooms, recovery areas and related facilities.
- However, most health care professionals now agree more research is needed into the relative risks of home birth and hospital delivery.
- My mother is in the delivery room, giving birth to her son.
- The sauna has traditionally been associated with medical care; women commonly gave birth in saunas before hospital birth delivery became the norm.
- Major malformations are often noted at delivery or shortly after birth, and a genetic consultation is usually requested prior to discharge from the hospital.
- Sometimes, during the process of delivery, the nerves passing through the babies shoulder get damaged, resulting in paralysis of the arm.
- The PSAs encourage audiences to learn more about sudden infant death syndrome and the risk factors for low birth weight and premature delivery.
- Premature birth was defined as delivery at or before 33 weeks.
- After the face-to-face meeting, the woman is followed up until her delivery; and the birth outcome is recorded.
- We set out to determine the effect of fetal sex on birth weight, duration of labour, mode of delivery, and birth outcome.
- The move has forced pregnant women who have been receiving care in private clinics to be sent to public hospitals for delivery or to give birth in private clinics requisitioned by the government.
- The frequency of change to instrumental delivery and resuscitation at birth illustrates that many of the cases were probably infected in utero.
- This study evaluated the rates of cesarean delivery related to birth weight and GDM.
- It's quite common for women to suffer some discomfort after childbirth, particularly if there was an episiotomy - a cut to make delivery easier.
- Caesarian deliveries were occasionally performed in the Middle Ages, but carried with them connotations of the devil, as the child would be not of woman born.
- La-ongta carried the baby elephant for almost 22-months and completed a safe delivery producing a healthy female specimen.
4(manner of speaking)expresión oral femenino
- In those days, his stilted style, forced delivery, and wonky timing were virtues, reinforcing our sense of his hypothetically heartwarming kidness.
- The workshop also highlighted the importance of dialogue delivery and the manner in which it should be done.
- Rhetoric has everything to do with delivery, with speech, with performance, the act of constructing an oration simply being the first step.
- Despite that staccato speech delivery, full of furious, angry pecks at soundbites, party delegates rose at the March conference to an unprecedented show of support and genuine affection.
- My speech, my delivery, my pauses - that's me, not a put-on.
- Following the collision he became moody and headstrong, his speech delivery was very slow and he walked with a slow shuffling gait.
- But just as important as the main thrust of the speech, was its delivery.
- The manner in which he conducted branch meetings or indeed his professionalism in his delivery of addresses and speeches at formal functions would be sadly missed.
- He was casually dressed, his speech was mediocre in delivery, but most tellingly, his body language conveyed a cool arrogance.
- In fact for relaxed and comfortable yet crystal sharp delivery of political speeches, to either an audience or a TV camera, he may have been the best there ever was.
- Its lack of responsiveness to issues of the day certainly did not befit that image, he said in a speech prepared for delivery at a conference of the Council on Higher Education.
- The goal: to improve listening skills, speech delivery, and responsiveness.
- Truman's early speeches were insipid in delivery.
- Haven't we all found the quality of our speech delivery changing with our feelings as we experience thrill, anger, fear, joy or other such strong emotions?
- Your delivery, intonation, diction and fluency are all wrong, and you remind me of someone who hangs about on street corners, opening your jacket and trying to sell people things.
- His instant quips, political satires, fluent dialogue delivery and appreciable humour has been the driving force behind the success of this program.
- This attention to performance, which is now part of the general academic world, is matched - more unusually - by an impressive and entertaining style of delivery.
- His style of delivery can be rather dull, but when the audience is paying close attention, the cadence of his speech patterns work to his advantage in that medium.
- This summer has seen his profile ‘take-off’ as audiences and critics alike warm to his persuasive style and stage delivery.
- He has had a career resurgence in recent years as a new generation discover his disarmingly relaxed performances, his superb delivery and smooth voice.
- Now to another heinous crime in sport: illegal bowling deliveries in cricket.
- Hitters have their own nominees for bowling ball pitchers, whose deliveries reverberate through their arms and bodies when they make contact.
- When he is ahead in the count, he likes to drop down to a sidearm delivery and throw a two-seam fastball or hard slider.
- He has an easy delivery and can throw multiple pitches, making him a solid candidate for a long career as a closer.
- He relies on a hard sinking fastball thrown with a sidearm delivery.
- Very soon the umpires' only duties could be to count the deliveries and call no balls and wides!
- Most are hard throwers with flawed deliveries and crude breaking balls; otherwise, they would be starters.
- A splitter thrown with a three-quarters delivery, for example, doesn't always produce results.
- There were too many short and wide deliveries sent down and many no balls bowled.
- But on its own a yorker is nothing more than a delivery in cricket which pitches under the bat.
- It isn't common knowledge today, but he threw his blazing fastball with a sidearm delivery.
- He has a compact delivery, and he finishes it well with his back parallel to the ground.
- The Laws of Cricket and the ICC playing regulations both prohibit the bowling of underarm deliveries.
- And why do batters feel as if they're hitting a bowling ball when they connect against certain pitchers' deliveries?
- He is indispensable, not just because of his captaincy skills, but also for his ability to play spin and send down medium pace deliveries.
- He has an easy delivery, his ball jumps and his control is excellent.
- A bowler who when delivering the ball bends his elbow and then straightens it at release is deemed to sending a delivery that is not legal.
- The home team produced a testing delivery which the batsman was only able to block.
- The Indian captain tried a cut shot and was caught behind just three deliveries later to give the bowler a wicket in his very first over.
- It was encouraging for Ireland's defenders to find their deliveries producing results.
5.2EEUU (manner of throwing)estilo de lanzamiento masculino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!