The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of demagogo
1demagogo masculinedemagoga feminine
- In an attempt to divert the resulting social unrest, Stalinist bureaucrats and communalist demagogues fomented nationalist sentiments while seeking patrons among the major powers.
- But that a fascist demagogue could receive considerable support among workers is cause for great concern.
- A return to national self-determination, he believes, would take the feet from under the new nationalist demagogues and bolster democratic politics in the historic nations of Europe.
- He has still not been allowed back but proves a democrat rather than a demagogue in person.
- Sadly, but predictably, the effort to re-enfranchise people with felony convictions has come under attack from demagogues claiming a cynical political motive for the effort.
- Furthermore it allows the electorate to participate more fully in national matters making politicians more experts in government than demagogues.
- Although the political scene continues to be dominated by nationalist demagogues, there are signs that a significant section of voters feel disenfranchised as a result.
- I'm loathe to give support to reform which would bring such demagogues into parliamentary politics, let alone government.
- What do these reformist demagogues propose to the millions of minimum-wage workers and the millions of unemployed?
- While his friends admired him as a nationalist leader, his enemies simply considered him a communist, a demagogue, and a dangerous man.
- Faced by a wave of support for anti-immigrant demagogues, there is a danger that governments will adopt some of their attitudes.
- In so doing, she claims, they fall into ‘the logic of terrorists, demagogues, and other absolutists who perceive no moral dilemmas: For them, the right path is always clear.’
- Faced with this situation, it is increasingly the case that it is not only the most extreme right-wing demagogues who are playing the nationalist card.
- Moreover, the circus promises the appearance of a mysterious Prince, a demagogue who is plotting untold evil.
- Its chief glories are the demagogue, the military bully, and the spreaders of libels and false history.
- Secondly, the continuing decline in living standards has led to a level of desperation and social degradation that provides a fruitful basis for the emergence of right-wing demagogues.
- It is time to oppose the racist demagogues and unite the defence of foreign workers and refugees with the campaign against unemployment, welfare cuts and attacks on basic rights.
- ‘Lies have always been regarded as necessary and justifiable tools not only of the politician's or the demagogue's but also of the statesman's trade,’ he claimed.
- Discontent fuelled by the pro-business policies of social democratic governments has given a boost to right-wing demagogues in several European countries.
- He is a powerful demagogue and a high ranking political propagandist for the Republican party.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!