The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de demócrata
1(believer in democracy)demócrata masculino, femenino
- Like the democrats, the advocates of constitutional government also spoke a European language.
- I think the President is a democrat and in democracy we have preferences.
- I've always called myself a progressive and a democrat, but today I know that to be a democrat you have to be one in practice.
- Those who opposed reform of any kind caricatured the reformers as anarchic democrats.
- A democrat can hardly object if the people believe that they should restrain themselves by using the courts.
- To succeed we must become first a central part of the argument and then win it convincingly - as democrats in a democratic process.
- As a democrat, he stated one should not automatically exclude other elected parties from participation in government.
- European and American politicians continually praised him, describing him as an exemplary democrat.
- It was a call to arms for democrats faced with a totalitarian threat.
- But it is a system that many constitutionalists and democrats see as a standing affront.
- He was a passionate democrat and republican who wrote verse in support of these causes.
- They have often chosen targets, and methods, which many democrats believe to be mistaken and even illegal.
- The democrats would have us believe that corruption of an organ of state is only curable by voting.
- Is the purpose of government, as pure democrats would say, to enforce the will of the majority?
- As a democrat, I believe that minorities should be protected from the prejudices of the majority when they turn on pursuits they find distasteful.
- As a democrat I don't believe that any election should go uncontested but there is an argument to be put forward in this case.
- I am a union democrat who believes in sponsoring participation and involvement.
- He says that as a democrat he believes in social justice and endeavours to make life better for everyone.
- As a democrat, I believe it should be possible to have changes of government in line with what people vote for.
2Democrat(in US)demócrata masculino, femenino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!