The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de demolición
1(of building)demolición femeninoderribo masculino
- Although the first phase of construction was declared complete, demolitions and razing continue around it.
- With demolitions complete and piling under way, work is progressing on site to create the UK's highest living space.
- ‘The scheme is on schedule and demolitions are almost complete,’ insisted Smith.
- The argument that the phrase referred only to building operations of a constructional nature and not to operations consisting in demolitions or site clearance was rejected.
- One view expressed on the Tonight programme was that a lot of these mass demolitions were being carried out to provide much sought-after brownfield land for property developers and builders.
- The estate has already seen 550 demolitions in the last seven years and the thinking locally was that no more would have to come down, apart from small-scale strategic clearances.
- I also know that many people have their theories about why the demolitions are happening, why they are good for the city, who these people who lose their homes are, why they are illegal.
- Although glass bottles are regularly recycled, there is plenty of plate glass from demolitions and renovations which ends up as landfill.
- Forceful demolitions of shanties and roadside kiosks are further examples of the administration's uncaring attitude, the activists say.
- The demolitions will cost the city $13-million, most of which will be obtained through a special grant from the province.
- The council workers gave only one hour's warning of the demolitions, and they arrived in the night with armed security guards.
- Bmrtl estimates 800 building demolitions to make way for the Metro.
- The government says the demolitions are necessary to remove eyesores and to crack down on illegal trading and black market currency exchanges based in the slums.
- Building demolitions are another common example of implosion.
- Expect more demolitions of unauthorised buildings and buildings with by-law violations over the next two weeks.
- The areas affected by demolitions were full of old, small houses.
- Since it is above ground level, there will be minimal traffic disruption, land acquisition and demolitions.
- Officials said the demolitions, on either side of one house, were necessary because criminals had been using the houses.
- The new survey has been ordered and notices will be issued before any demolitions are carried out.
- All of the proposed demolitions are in areas where the majority of local people do not object to the proposals.
2(of theory)demolición femeninodestrucción femeninohe did a thorough demolition job on the report — hizo pedazos / destrozó el informe coloquial
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!