The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of demostrar
1(show)(need/ability/method) demostrarhe demonstrated how to make mayonnaise — demostró cómo se hace la mayonesa
- The promoter had even installed a machine and demonstrated how these plates and cups were moulded.
- On the opening day of the exhibition, Pipop will demonstrate his painting skills by creating a painting in public.
- Techniques to minimise stress at work were demonstrated at the campaign.
- Maritime crafts will be demonstrated in a marquee featuring stalls of wood carving, rope craft and the secrets of ship bottling.
- Men from the regiment gave military displays and demonstrated how to load muskets.
- He ducked in and out of the atmosphere to demonstrate the craft's dual capabilities.
- Each model has its own theoretical consistency and practicality that demonstrates its clinical efficacy.
- Leibniz visited the Royal Society, and demonstrated his incomplete calculating machine.
- These are the same words spoken by the mechanical voice before the eating machine is demonstrated.
- George demonstrated how his tap water had a milky colour and he was afraid to drink it.
- The project demonstrated how teleoperated echographic diagnosis can be carried out
- The helicopter crew also demonstrated how an injured man could be rescued from a fishing boat in the high seas.
- He set up a stall with a stove and demonstrated how to cook his invention.
- As he demonstrated how to strike the ball, he ended up flat on his back, much to the disgust of Declan.
- Merja demonstrated how to throw water from the buckets onto the stones, so a wave of intense heat rushed over us.
- My job was to demonstrate the Tomcat's performance and tactical capabilities.
- We spent a day walking in the country and he proudly demonstrated how the pockets in his special walking trousers were exactly the right size to fit maps into.
- In addition, no other compound of the translation machinery has been demonstrated to function as a feedback regulator.
- After quieting us students down, both teachers demonstrated how to make a proper lay-up.
- During the afternoon a Sea King and its crew demonstrated how it would do a rescue at sea with a diver being winched to safety from Farm Cove.
- A group has been on a rally to London to demonstrate its feelings and has also spelt out its views to Institute chiefs in a bid to keep tuition fees as low as possible.
- Suddenly Duffy's charges began to demonstrate a bit of pluck.
- She demonstrates her impressive long distance catching here.
- The finale takes on almost orchestral proportions, demonstrating the composer's wish to be associated with more than folk music and cute miniatures.
- Most pupils of that time treasure years of happy memories, as demonstrated by the huge enthusiastic reunions.
- In short, the manager has to find succour from shoestrings, a quality that Scott has demonstrated in the past.
- It wasn't long before the teenager was demonstrating both the self-assurance for which he is renowned and the chip that has taken up residence on his shoulder.
- Gayle, arms raised towards the heavens and head thrown back, demonstrated nothing more than self-indulgence.
- Their virtues and social responsibility can be demonstrated through their contributions.
- Often those engaged in a navy's work must demonstrate high skill and courage.
- To do that, learn how to perform correctly so you can demonstrate your skills consistently.
- The learners must demonstrate competence in all technical skills by performing the tasks.
- Sunday night's performance did little to demonstrate Williams' abilities.
- This is a well-researched piece of work that demonstrates the skill and care of the architects in telling such a story.
- His work demonstrates the skill of the cabinetmaker at its most intricate.
- Throughout this campaign he has demonstrated how out of touch he is by failing to make any impact on the dominant public services issue.
- The tribute show in particular demonstrated how instantly witty he was.
- It demonstrated how comprehensively one could control one's body and express oneself using the body.
- It just demonstrates the work and commitment of our local school even during the summer holidays.
- The award is presented to the candidate who most clearly demonstrates a strong commitment to the music teaching profession.
2Marketing(appliance/product) hacer una demostración de
1Politicsmanifestarseto demonstrate in support of/against sth/sb — manifestarse en apoyo/en contra de algo/algn
- Thousands were demonstrating today all over the country.
- Thousands of students demonstrated at the university.
- Another 40,000 marched in San Francisco, with thousands more demonstrating in Amsterdam, Berlin and other European cities.
- Throughout Latin America thousands of people demonstrated on 15 February.
- Several thousand journalists demonstrated in the city against restrictions on press freedom.
- Hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated against the high cost of living in March and April.
- It is those of us without cars who should be demonstrating because we get such a raw deal with public transport.
- The following Sunday, a million people gathered in Paris to demonstrate in favour of independent schools.
- The opposition is planning street protests to demonstrate against government corruption.
- They planned to demonstrate against the Government and eventually overthrow it.
- It is not a crime to demonstrate and petition according to our Constitution.
- We took to the streets to protest and demonstrate.
- Between 60 and 70 people demonstrated outside court Tuesday morning.
- Crowds also demonstrated in other parts of the city and throughout the state.
- Anti-government protesters had been peacefully demonstrating at the airport for a fourth day.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!