The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of difunto
1 formal, euphemistic(dead)difunto formalour dear departed mother — nuestra difunta madre formal
- The triumphalism gives way to the mourning contemplation of a dear departed friend's great qualities of heart and mind.
- They were discussing the trip to the mainland, shopping for just the right casket for their dear departed friend.
- I know things about you that nobody else knows, not even your dear departed husband.
- The book also features the final work of my dear departed friend Edvin Biukovic, artist of Grendel and Human Target.
- The chief minister expressed his personal condolences to the members of the bereaved family of Prof Azad and prayed for eternal peace to the departed soul.
- Some attended workshops to make little candle lanterns that illuminated the face of a dead ancestor - or occasionally a departed kittycat.
- God bless our departed brother-in-arms, a risen rainbow warrior for peace and sustainable harmony.
- Several other scholars and organisations have condoled his demise and paid tributes to the departed soul.
- After the war, the district was reborn as Peace Memorial Park, a place where people come to comfort the departed souls and pray for enduring human peace.
- His popularity was evident when thousands turned up at Thiru-vananthapuram to pay homage to the departed comrade and console his wife and three children.
- After a minute's silence for departed members the meeting was zipped through in exemplary fashion - no hanging around with Chairman James!
- By visiting it on an occasion when people went to shrines and temples as a mark of respect and remembrance to departed souls, Koizumi felt that he was apparently doing no harm.
- ‘Why don't you do a film on Babaji,’ the now departed Swami had asked him.
- Colleagues from his days in St. Patrick's Training College in Dublin came from various parts of the country to pay tribute to their departed friend.
- And it is no length ago since the sadly departed Charlie McCreevy was telling us that we are throwing too much money and not enough action at the problem.
- York Wasps paid the perfect tribute to their departed coach Lee Crooks yesterday by finally delivering the kind of committed performance he so desperately wanted to see.
- Colleagues held a minute's silence as a mark of respect for their departed friend at last Friday night's card drive in Knock Community Centre.
- It's difficult not to be moved by Frequency, a poem to Lee which pictures the departed sticksman ‘lying awake on top of silver clouds’.
- Jerry Kupcinet has some nice memories of the departed Mr. Hackett.
- Among the many things credited to the departed comedian, Sauzande, was his contribution to the development of the local film industry.
2 literary(past)(happiness/joys/youth) perdidoremembering departed glories — recordando glorias pasadas
1the departed — el difunto
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!