Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(dejected)deprimidoabatidoshe's feeling a bit depressed — anda un poco deprimida
- to get/become depressed — deprimirse
- I mean, to say they were depressed or despondent is too light.
- He was depressed, despondent, and in total despair.
- Among the most unhappy and depressed people in the region are the supporters of the official opposition in the province.
- Because of his stubborn nature, Gary is often depressed and unhappy.
- I was depressed and saddened - I felt almost stateless.
- And the real reason he was unhappy and unaffectionate was because he was depressed about his job.
- The moody, depressed man that had once been was gone.
- I couldn't help but mimic the fact Sean was upset, so I was majorly depressed and upset all through the next period.
- I was really depressed and upset about him winning the election, like a lot of people.
- When you are depressed or upset, if someone tries to share their problems with you, you are unable to listen to them.
- He started to feel trapped, despondent and depressed.
- She sounded almost as if she were depressed, or at least just generally unhappy.
- Yes, I miss Neil, but that's not why I'm depressed.
- I am depressed to see that kids these days do ‘food technology’ and design a pizza on a computer rather than handle real cheese and real mushrooms.
- ‘He was clearly depressed at the outcome’ and found talking to the man ‘very unpleasant’.
- I was very depressed when I saw it break on the news.
- to get/become depressed — deprimirse
2Economics(economy/market) deprimido(economy/market) en crisis(area) deprimido(area) de gran desempleodepressed prices have created a buyer's market — la caída de los precios ha creado un mercado que favorece al comprador
- This will mean that the buoyant region maintains full employment whereas the depressed region exhibits a local labour demand shortfall.
- This depressed economic activity hurt employment figures and affected demand for housing, he said.
- He attributes deflation to an increase in money demand caused by expectations of further deflation and perhaps depressed economic activity.
- Large areas of Africa were depopulated, economic development was severely depressed and the societies left behind were fragmented and destabilized.
- The high proportion of new cars on the road and the uncertainty over foot-and-mouth disease have depressed activity in the used car market, dealers said.
- The companies tend to locate their centres in economically depressed areas with a surplus of cheap labour that can be employed on casual, flexible contracts.
- The long decline of shipbuilding had a downward multiplier effect on these regional economies which became the depressed areas of inter-war Britain.
- Fifteen years ago, this was an economically and environmentally depressed city.
- The list honors entrepreneurs who have chosen to grow their companies within some of America's most economically depressed areas.
- The widening gulf between the richer federal states and the economically depressed regions is preparing the ground for a massive social explosion.
- Numerous examples show that cool art scenes spring up out of economically depressed areas.
- Now, a once prosperous town is economically depressed, unemployment has skyrocketed, and nobody can afford health insurance anymore.
- Most of them are in economically depressed areas.
- Even before area steel mills began to shut down and lay off workers the area was economically depressed.
- For years, the economically depressed town has been just another casualty of declining population, high unemployment and loss of industry.
- Once you take a lot of jobs out of economically depressed areas, like that area where they closed the plant, you will have an economic collapse in the city.
- Those exposed as young or adult animals displayed depressed activity.
- What could possibly worsen a depressed farm economy?
- Indeed, the downside to public spending cutbacks is depressed demand and job losses as well as reduced public services and continued inadequate infrastructure.
- Besides this upgrade, the adjacent depressed suburbs also need a long-overdue, rejuvenation shot in the arm.
3US(substandard)de calidad inferiorhis reading skills are depressed — en lectura está por debajo de lo normal