Learn More About Spanish Culture
1(train) hacer descarrilar
- A strong earthquake shook northwest Japan yesterday, destroying homes, derailing a bullet train and cutting water and power supplies.
- She said there were two big questions that needed to be answered with urgency: how the car came to be on the track at the time and how the train was derailed in such a catastrophic way.
- The train was not derailed and remained on the track.
- A train was derailed after a wall collapsed on to the track, the gable end of a house crumbled on to a car, trees toppled over and garden fences were blown away.
- They are targeting areas where children regularly play ‘chicken’ across busy lines, throw stones at passing trains and block the line with debris, which can derail trains.
- The company has imposed speed restrictions across some of its network because of fears that tracks could buckle in the heat and derail trains.
- He believes vandals could easily lift any of the sections of rail, or bolts, dumped by the railside and derail a train by laying them across the tracks.
- Fortunately the train was not derailed and no one was injured, although the train driver needed treatment for shock.
- If a train is derailed at high speed the chances of it colliding with a train coming from the opposite direction are significantly high by virtue of the minimal separation between each one.
- The typhoon brought downpours and strong winds, destroying houses and important cultural properties, derailing a train and disrupting transportation services across the country.
- This is why, for instance, people are inclined to overestimate the risks of travelling by rail, because of the very extensive reporting when a train is derailed and a number of passengers are killed.
- Several strong earthquakes shook north-western Japan within a span of minutes last night, toppling homes, causing blackouts, cutting water and gas services, and derailing a bullet train.
- After the impact the passenger train was derailed, but remained upright until it travelled over a set of points which deflected it into the path of the freight train travelling in the opposite direction.
- The returning train was derailed by the drunken pachyderms, and by the time the line was cleared and we arrived back in the capital, I was feeling spectacularly rough.
- Three trains were derailed due to the heavy rainfall of the past few days.
- There may not have been a case yet where a train was derailed by objects deliberately left on the line by young pranksters.
- Commuters faced more misery on Thursday after a train was derailed just outside Bedford.
- Rail chiefs launched an inquiry after two quarry trains were derailed on the same day.
- All nine coaches were derailed, but continued upright for half a mile before colliding head-on with a coal train.
- Although the three carriages that made up the local train was derailed in the collision, its 30 passengers were only slightly hurt.
- Which leads to another question: Was the robbery intended to derail the peace process?
- He makes an excellent case that it was created in ‘an obvious attempt to derail the peace process.’
- Both sides said they are committed to peace talks and analysts say the blast could impede but not derail the process.
- When those actions came to light this February, councillors erupted in anger, almost derailing the whole process once again.
- And they're going to do whatever they can do to derail the democratic process.
- The train car derailed, and a crater was left in the track bed.
- The train then derailed into the path of an oncoming freight train.
- Officials say at least three of the train's cars derailed.
- Thousands of litres of heavy industrial oil spilled into the lake after 43 train cars derailed on Wednesday morning.
- At least now we have confirmed that two people have died when those train cars derailed.
- On the 35-car train, 10 cars derailed, according to railroad officials.
- A witness said the outgoing tram derailed after the crash.
- The rail cars derailed and crashed and crews were sent to battle the small blazes that started.
- The tram derailed and crashed into the wall of a major downtown department store.
- No one was seriously injured when 11 cars and four locomotives derailed about 9: 40 a.m.
- That actually increases the risk of the rail breaking and leading to a train derailing.
- Heavy rain was last night blamed for causing a landslide that led to a passenger train derailing on one of Britain's busiest routes.
- So far, he's not aware of a train derailing or crashing as a result of such ‘pranks’.
- And as many as 200 people have been evacuated in southern California after a freight train derailed today.
- My concern was for the people who were on board the train, it would have been unthinkable if the train had derailed.
- Suddenly, somehow, in a split-second, the train derailed.
- The train derailed yesterday, injuring more than 100 passengers, six of them critically.
- Unfortunately, her train derailed on the way to the airport.
- Rail passengers were warned last night to expect delays over the next four days after a freight train derailed near the Scottish border.
- The train had derailed but remained upright, resulting in at least ten serious injuries.