The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de ridiculizar
1ridiculizarburlarse dereírse de
- So I didn't ridicule or deride contributions, and published most emails critical of me, my style, and my substance.
- It has been derided by some critics as straying too far from historical fact in order to show a well-polished fiction.
- Scotland's newest soap opera has had a shaky start, derided by the critics for its wooden scripts and dull characters.
- Some critics have derided his work as dumbed-down and self-aggrandising.
- Critics have derided the event as perpetuating a ‘tartan and shortbread’ image.
- Long derided by critics, he has fought artistic battles before.
- Will the inane chatter so derided by blogging critics start to dry up?
- The painter proved once again yesterday that, while critics might deride it, the public can't get enough of his work.
- Four years ago, they were derided for raising proposals to decriminalise cannabis.
- Do you get tired of being derided and dismissed by many mainstream environmental leaders?
- The other parties have derided the proposal as a plan for a ‘fantasy island’.
- For centuries women like me have been derided, scorned and ostracised.
- It is certainly not a quality that should be derided or dismissed as trite - it can be studied, and it can be learned.
- These questions are not meant to mock or deride anyone's beliefs.
- He would mock and deride them relentlessly, not stopping until they cried.
- The worst thing you could do would be to laugh at him or deride him.
- Critics deride him as a publicity hound and his combative character has alienated fellow lawyers in previous class actions.
- Wall Street has derided the decision to merge, giving the boards of both companies a sharp surprise.
- How can I recommend a film that is not only ridiculed by most fans, but also derided by most of the stars of the film?
- Many food trends have come and gone since she became famous, and she remained unmoved, deriding the anti-butterfat lobby and other bores.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!