The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(smile/laughter) burlón(attitude/remark) desdeñoso y burlónthey were derisive about / of my attempts at poetry — se burlaron de mis intentos de hacer poesía
- At the time, I took those words to heart, mostly because there was no voice in the media to simply laugh out loud in derisive response.
- If all goes well next weekend, his reign might end not with a bang but a derisive laugh.
- He gave a short, derisive laugh, but the gleam in his eyes was bitter.
- It was a short, derisive laugh, and I smiled in a confused manner at my phone.
- Even raising the issue draws derisive and dismissive responses.
- To this end, helpful responses are mildly sardonic, while acerbic comments are scathing, derisive insults.
- Then, with an inner laugh, knowing how this would affect her, he turned and gave her a derisive sneer.
- Their methods are always very slick and their message is always consistent and it's always delivered with the requisite derisive tone.
- This is probably where the derisive humor begins it's arc.
- He was abusive, debauched, arrogant, derisive, intolerant, and possibly the loneliest man who ever lived.
- Howard apparently ‘raised derisive chuckles at least a dozen times’.
- He is not expecting any derisive letters in his mail.
- Answers can be serious, solemn, pithy, witty, biting, derisive, belittling…
- Something unhealthy in our political system causes each president to be portrayed in the most vicious and derisive terms.
- But the most derisive comments of all were reserved for my arguments about the moral and legal restraints on the early colonists.
- You can add our derisive noises to the swelling chorus.
- In the interest of sparing feelings I have closed this entry to further derisive comments.
- They were candidly surprised by how well it all turned out and my office no longer elicits derisive or doubting commentary.
- For better or worse, the current tone is skeptical, derisive and gross.
- People tend to be cynical and derisive towards romantic comedies.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!