The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of irrisorio
- Members of the Services Union are voting on strike action after receiving what they consider to be a derisory pay rise.
- The membership feel insulted by the derisory pay offer of four per cent for this year.
- They were simply saying: ‘Look at how it looks to us, with what we already think to be derisory, inadequate penalties.’
- They said the pay package means accepting a derisory three-year 3.2 percent pay ‘rise’, and institutionalises low pay and divisions between health workers.
- We wanted to picket to raise awareness that we are not prepared to accept the derisory pay offer that has been imposed on us.
- What does irritate me - as a UK taxpayer who helps to subsidise farmers in this country - is the fact that anyone employed part-time in the farming industry should be forced to work for such derisory rates of pay.
- Yet while some banks and building societies offer attractive interest to encourage junior customers to see the benefit of saving, others pay them a derisory rate.
- Many interest-bearing bank and savings accounts pay derisory interest of as little as 0.1% on deposits.
- Rather than languishing in rates paying derisory interest, these sums can be made to work hard for the business.
- Millions of savers have money in deposit accounts that pay derisory rates of interest.
- Meanwhile, 300 members of middle management are demanding an improvement in what they term a derisory 1 per cent pay offer.
- There has been a pattern of derisory pay offers in recent months tied to productivity increases and attacks on conditions, particularly pension rights.
- The derisory pay offer was the last straw for workers.
- The bin workers had threatened a five-day strike next week after rejecting a 4 percent pay offer as derisory.
- Any money you do save will remain in accounts that pay derisory rates of interest.
- As any pensioner knows, though, money can be tight - especially when rocketing prices are coupled with a derisory 75p-a-week rise in the basic state pension.
- ‘The grant increase is derisory and an insult to the student body and their families,’ said Jordan.
- The company's derisory offer of a 1 percent pay rise has been overwhelmingly rejected by the workforce, who are demanding a rise of 3 percent.
- Even when they go to jail, all they face are derisory sentences of one or two nights for failure to pay a £250 fine.
- Last year we received a derisory four per cent increase in the fees paid by the council.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!