The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(remark/attitude) despectivo(sense) peyorativo(sense) despectivoshe is always very derogatory about him — siempre habla de él con desdén / desprecio
- The people who made the derogatory remarks were a group whose tongues may have been loosened by drink.
- I was disappointed that he had to resort to derogatory and intolerant remarks to try to be funny.
- People have lost their jobs over derogatory remarks made in blogs, but can you be sued for libel or defamation?
- A nightclub boss has been suspended following an allegation over a racially derogatory remark.
- They sang rebel songs and made the odd derogatory remark about the yeomen.
- I would also ask her to listen carefully, and not to dismiss you with derogatory remarks.
- Much urban music is plagued by an attitude towards women and gay people that is derogatory.
- I find the consistently derogatory comments about the people who ride motorcycles totally unacceptable.
- Secondly, irritating, defamatory and derogatory comments left at this site by visitors will be deleted.
- The use of slang has been common among doctors for years, despite official disapproval of derogatory terms.
- Peers often hold back and may refer to the gifted person in derogatory terms.
- Buying the best talent around and then making derogatory remarks about other professionals is a swift route to antagonism.
- Elsewhere, this choice of discipline might have attracted derogatory remarks.
- And bear in mind I mean no disrespect and that the term used is definitely not derogatory in any way.
- Why should you and I be forced to suffer repeated use of a derogatory professional insult?
- Almost every reference to them employs demeaning and derogatory stereotypes.
- He said that we could not refer to groups of people in derogatory terms.
- People stood on platforms, violently gesticulating and calling each other derogatory names.
- Some time ago on this site I made some derogatory comments about birds.
- I could only make out my name and from her tone of voice I realized that it was used in derogatory terms.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!