The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of profanar
1(church/shrine) profanarthe landscape has been desecrated by massive hotels — enormes hoteles han profanado el paisaje
- A multi-million dollar gold mine with an estimated yield of $1.2 billion threatens to desecrate a sacred site of the Wiradjuri people.
- They've ruined our economy, apparently seized our oil and desecrated our sacred sites and our museums.
- When someone breaks a circle or desecrates sacred space it is causing disharmony.
- Even its cemetery was desecrated, its 400 graves dug up.
- Yes, well that's to protect against intruders who want to desecrate this holy room.
- Vandals have desecrated graves at a cemetery described as having some of the finest funerary art in the North of England.
- But in relation to the new cemetery, I don't believe our youths would stoop so low as to desecrate the graves or vandalise the cemetery.
- Then during the American Revolution, the British eliminated the meeting house's role as a public gathering place, desecrating the church by using it as a riding school.
- Mindless vandals have desecrated the grave of a stillborn baby for the fourth time in less than five months.
- If we buried our dead in the sand, the wild animals would desecrate their memory and dishonor their body.
- A tombstone standing over a grave for over 100 years was desecrated and pieces of the headstone were scattered over the area.
- Five months after a church was desecrated by vandals, defiant parishioners have rebuilt their place of worship.
- Well, it's hurtful to us that someone would desecrate her grave.
- About 20 headstones were desecrated at the Church cemetery between Monday, February 2, and Friday, February 6.
- A distressed son is calling for greater security at a cemetery after three gravestones were desecrated by vandals.
- A police spokesman said: ‘We are hoping that this offence will be detected and people will come forward with the name of the offender or offenders who have desecrated this grave.’
- He was sickened when, just months later, vandals desecrated the memorial, built to commemorate villagers who fought in the First World War.
- In April, over 40 graves were desecrated and headstone overturned.
- A two-minute silence was held and each member of the congregation was invited to lay flowers on those graves desecrated by the yobs.
- How dare you desecrate this holy ground with foolish intentions.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!