The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of desertización
- The problems are global - poverty, air and water pollution, deforestation, desertification, overfishing, climate change - no country can confront these challenges alone.
- Threatened by erosion, desertification, overgrazing and global warming, cedar forests in the Moroccan Middle Atlas Mountains are going through a hard time.
- Mozambique has experienced recurrent drought, flooding, cyclones, water pollution, and desertification (the process by which land loses its nutrients and becomes desert).
- The litany of contemporary change includes global warming, ozone loss, soil erosion, deforestation, desertification, collapsing fisheries, and disappearing aquifers.
- Pollution, erosion, desertification, increased rates of extinction and more can all be traced back to us.
- Despite the massive amount of land claimed by expanding desertification each year, the phenomenon receives only infrequent attention, perhaps because the effects seldom seem to transcend international borders.
- Deforestation, desertification and the number of endangered species continue to rise.
- This puts enormous pressure on the environment, contributing to deforestation and desertification in these countries.
- But there has been no other time in the history of the world when greenhouse gases, airborne methane and mercury, desertification, and deforestation have been around.
- One root cause of desertification and deforestation is the use of wood as the basic source of energy, with the consequent loss of trees and degradation of the soil.
- The UN in 2000 reported that half of all land in South Asia has lost agricultural potential because of desertification.
- Deforestation and desertification, caused in part by overpopulation, force people off of the hinterlands and into the cities.
- Where food is scarce, people will often over-exploit the land in order to squeeze out of it what they can; that can lead to deforestation and desertification.
- This is because trees fight greenhouse emissions, pollution and reduce desertification, droughts, floods and storms.
- The rest of the Arab lands are threatened by desertification due to anthropogenic activities including overgrazing.
- Agriculture was neglected throughout this period, and desertification gradually reduced arable land.
- It pays poor rural women to plant trees across the country to protect their farms from soil erosion and desertification.
- And there's also the risk of serious soil erosion leading to possible desertification.
- In Ghana, a three-day workshop will focus on medicinal plants, conserving fresh water, renewable energy and desertification.
- The burgeoning populations of this area is contributing to its desertification by clearing forest for agriculture as well as for firewood.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!