Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(person) despreciar (profundamente)$800 a week is not to be despised — 800 dólares por semana no es una suma desdeñable
- Within two days I started despising them and feeling slightly guilty about my earlier reaction.
- I would like to know therefore why she hates and despises these unfortunates so vehemently.
- I can tell she hates my mother, despises her so much she wishes she had never set foot in her office.
- She would hate and despise him for it, not to mention that it showed he was weak.
- I could tell them why they could hate and despise others, but that is not leadership.
- He loathes war and militarism, and despises chauvinism in every form.
- She despises the old order, but equally fears and loathes the new lack of order.
- We should be contemptuous of their presumption; we should despise their new wealth.
- By not having kids, not working in a ‘conventional’ way, and despising consumerism and materialism, I often feel very much on the outside of everything.
- Consequently, they often went about doing things they resented doing, and then went home despising themselves for behaving as they had done.
- I know all about despising other nationalities.
- He never quite grew out of despising his audience.
- In which case, maybe despising that humanity makes sense after all.
- It is possible to fault the ruling class without despising the entire people.
- He focuses his fury on his father, refusing to visit him and despising his mother for her desperate attempts to keep the family united.
- She is an absolutist, despising those opportunists who take time out of normal life for a little promiscuity.
- His complex character is presented as a contradiction, as he despises cheats but finds many ways throughout the film to prove that he is one.
- You can't help but love that angry loner who absolutely despises Christmas.
- Having read that she despises interviews, I'm not surprised when she delays ours as long as possible by asking me loads of questions.
- I am one of those who despises the nastiness no matter where it comes from.