The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1a pesar dehe kept working despite his illness ordespite being ill — continuó trabajando a pesar de su enfermedad / a pesar de estar enfermo
- He'd been turned away from the bar on suspicion of being under age despite being 28.
- He is languid, conceited, a natural leader of men despite his subordinate rank.
- Is someone providing these children with cigarettes and alcohol despite their age?
- We are in a city ravaged by war where the menfolk rally round a new leader despite their misgivings.
- A court was told that despite his age the boy admitted stealing cash to pay for his drug habit.
- She had a short dark hair cut framing a face that remained impish despite her age.
- Yet the hype shows little sign of abating, despite the slowdown affecting capital markets.
- Douglas is a very affectionate cat now and despite his suffering still sees humans as his friends.
- Yet despite it affecting so many, these women are often failed by the health service.
- A great thinker and leader, you have a great deal of power despite being really poor.
- Yet, despite the upheavals of the modern age, they bring the book to a close on an optimistic note.
- However, despite these examinations a fracture in his foot allegedly went undetected.
- Hence, very few workers will be affected by this decision, despite all the media publicity!
- He's certainly going to try, despite the escalating violence that threatens to engulf him.
- Well, I did go out on New Year's Eve after all, despite having a horrible headache.
- I've never really been one for graphs and charts, despite being a bit of a maths geek.
- We waited for more than half an hour to be seated despite having made a reservation far in advance.
- I for one have been unable, despite many attempts, to see a dentist for nearly 3 years.
- Somehow, any mention of this film passed me by, despite its critical acclaim.
- Thanks to the deserted roads I was there in half an hour, despite a wrong turning somewhere along the way.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!