The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de destrucción
1.1(of city, books, documents, forest)destrucción femenino
- What cosmic, mystical reason could there be for such evil and ugliness and destruction to exist?
- Aerial TV footage showed a tornado-carved path of destruction, with serious damage to dozens more homes.
- The destruction of 4 of these would have caused a lot more long term damage and destruction to their country.
- So they went around the house trying to use their wits to outdo each other to cause damage and destruction hitherto unseen.
- There is no reverse gear there, and there's nobody in the future can come back and undo the damage and destruction.
- Then again, the damage and destruction is what we're all afraid of in the first place right?
- New technologies may also be developed to prevent destruction and damage to public sculptures.
- Those already sold are to be recalled for repair, replacement or destruction.
- The full scale of casualties, damage and destruction is still unclear, but I fear it won't be pretty.
- Do you realise how much damage and destruction you are causing to other people's property?
- The single mum-of-three never knows if she will wake up to yet more damage and destruction on her doorstep.
- Similarly, it makes sense to insure your property against damage or destruction.
- More than 40 shop windows were damaged after vandals went on a trail of destruction in Southchurch Road, Southend.
- They left a trail of destruction in their wake and caused thousands of pounds of damage during the spate of burglaries of homes and shops.
- This time, they left a trail of destruction, with windows smashed and doors damaged.
- He said the damage and destruction in downtown Punta Gorda took his breath away.
- The lessee is to be responsible for insuring the premises against damage or destruction by fire.
- Damage and destruction of a protected plant is only illegal if it is intentional.
- Militant anarchists intent on violence broke away from peaceful demonstrators and left a trail of destruction.
- Therefore, we, collectively, are subsidizing the destruction of our own environment.
1.2(of reputation, civilization)ruina femeninodestrucción femenino
- Now we know these acts of mass murder and destruction as genocide.
- So they naturally carried big weapons designed for mass destruction.
- Weapons of mass destruction aren't the issue, it's about global control.
- Weapons of mass destruction were still nowhere to be found.
- Weapons of mass destruction and chemical weapons had a lot of people worried.
- Weapons of mass destruction are something that remain a focus of this operation.
- Weapons of mass destruction are the only means by which they can hope to deter the United States.
- Experts said that anthrax was a biological weapon capable of mass destruction.
- The weapons were designed to cause massive destruction, killing millions.
- They brought people to destruction, to be killed, to be annihilated, and the kapos were hated.
- Rather it is the supporters of war who have to dehumanise and hate in order to justify wielding their mighty and murderous weapons of destruction.
- Who'd have thought that our lives would bear witness to bioterrorism and mass destruction?
- Opponents of the death penalty in no way condone McVeigh's crime of mass destruction.
- This sudden destruction and damage to a people I feel so dearly for is a shock.
- In his dream, he saw the Dark Lord's destruction at the hands of a Nyra.
- The existing rules cited are designed to prevent the destruction of further embryos from which stem cells are extracted.
- Sadly, society has become inured to the wholesale destruction of human embryos.
- But none of this can ever justify the wanton destruction of innocent human lives by terror.
- Last week we witnessed the wanton destruction of human life in Madrid.
2formal(cause of downfall)ruina femeninoperdición femeninoalcohol/gambling was his destruction — el alcohol/juego fue su ruina / perdición
- It was his destruction that he popularized his own philosophy.
- They made her a goddess: that was her destruction.
- Late nights and too much partying was my destruction.
3(damage)destrucción femeninoestragos masculinodestrozos masculino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!